New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Two, those are for my games. I can no longer remember the passwords and I was surprised that I was able to open it when I changed my phone.

I used it for my first ever online game, Clash of Kings. And because I used my nickname, the players thought that I am female! They would send me gifts, and those gifts can only be sent by using real money!! I even got a fountain pen from Malaysia!!!

There was this American who wanted to call me. My friends from the office were making fun of me, especially when they learned that I was receiving gifts. I wasn't pretending to be a girl, but I don't know why they concluded that.

Perhaps because of my penmanship?
    Generator sets
    Bro.AF - That Dunamis in the pic should work for your lot of apartments... Just secure the proper KVA..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For emergency power, I finally settled on this. It does 4.5kW rated / 5kW max. It's a Chinese knock-off of a Honda engine so it's nothing to write home about. I also don't know where the power head design came from but, I guess it bears saying that it will require a bit more attention and care to make it last long.

I'll probably have it converted someday to dual-fuel (LPG + gasoline). LPG has an infinite shelf life as long as the tank container doesn't rust and the valves don't leak. I can have the genset primed and run from LPG instantly and just buy fresh gasoline and switch to it for longer (and cheaper) runtimes. I can rotate it with the LPG we use for cooking so even the tank wouldn't have to stay that long to even begin to rust.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    For emergency power, I finally settled on this. It does 4.5kW rated / 5kW max. It's a Chinese knock-off of a Honda engine so it's nothing to write home about. I also don't know where the power head design came from but, I guess it bears saying that it will require a bit more attention and care to make it last long.

I'll probably have it converted someday to dual-fuel (LPG + gasoline). LPG has an infinite shelf life as long as the tank container doesn't rust and the valves don't leak. I can have the genset primed and run from LPG instantly and just buy fresh gasoline and switch to it for longer (and cheaper) runtimes. I can rotate it with the LPG we use for cooking so even the tank wouldn't have to stay that long to even begin to rust.

Yan nga sikat ngayon Blackstone. Magkano bili mo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yan nga sikat ngayon Blackstone. Magkano bili mo?
    24k, including delivery.

Ako na nag-unbox, assemble ng mga accessories (feet, axle and wheels), lagay ng oil and gas as well as the inaugural start.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    24k, including delivery.

Ako na nag-unbox, assemble ng mga accessories (feet, axle and wheels), lagay ng oil and gas as well as the inaugural start.
    Ok na yan, sikat naman ngayon yan Blackstone. Kung tumagal ng 5 years then nasira just buy a new one.

Kaya I'm a proponent for generic China made genset, disposable but I'm sure kahit 10 years abot yan. Rarely used naman genset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ I agree. Sa bahay lang naman at hindi naman gagamitin sa construction site.

Sa mga nakita ko, I think itong brand na yung medyo pulido pagkagawa. Yung Nitto rin. Yung iba, dispalinghado mga welding at kabit ng mga pyesa.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My genset is now bi-fuel. It can run on gasoline or LPG. Technically, it can also run on CNG (tri-fuel), but that's not really a viable option in the PH.

The conversion was easy and it only entailed swapping out the stock carb with one that can accept both gasoline and LPG. This certainly brought back memories working on carb vehicles during the 90's.

I did have to trim the LPG A/F mix and speed governor to make the genset run correctly.

Load-tested it running my servers, PC, and two A/Cs.... that's about 3,600W (both A/Cs in Turbo mode). The generator RPM drooped a bit to 59.5Hz. Still acceptable.

LPG Pros:
    1. It doesn't go bad like petrol does. Gasoline only lasts several months and can gum up the carb and introduce a myriad of problems when neglected. A tank of LPG will last indefinitely in storage
    2. Clean-burning. LPG produces significantly less CO, particulate matter, and carbon deposits, compared to petrol.

LPG Cons:
    1. Lower efficiency compared to petrol. I'm expecting between 10-20% reduction in generator capacity.

My main motivation to do this is to have a backup generator that doesn't take up too much of my time to maintain. I can keep it stored indefinitely when not needed without worrying that the fuel can go bad. Gasoline stabilizers like Sta-Bil can only do so much. Though, I still need to run it every few months to make sure the generator actually works when it's needed. In the event that power goes out, I can run it immediately from LPG but then switch to fresh gasoline when the power outage exceeds the LPG tank's runtime. There's no need to stock up on gasoline.

Stock carb:

LPG conversion kit:

To wrap up, I had fun. I can't remember the last time my fingers reeked of petrol.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    My genset is now bi-fuel. It can run on gasoline or LPG. Technically, it can also run on CNG (tri-fuel), but that's not really a viable option in the PH.

The conversion was easy and it only entailed swapping out the stock carb with one that can accept both gasoline and LPG. This certainly brought back memories working on carb vehicles during the 90's.

I did have to trim the LPG A/F mix and speed governor to make the genset run correctly.

Load-tested it running my servers, PC, and two A/Cs.... that's about 3,600W (both A/Cs in Turbo mode). The generator RPM drooped a bit to 59.5Hz. Still acceptable.

LPG Pros:
    1. It doesn't go bad like petrol does. Gasoline only lasts several months and can gum up the carb and introduce a myriad of problems when neglected. A tank of LPG will last indefinitely in storage
    2. Clean-burning. LPG produces significantly less CO, particulate matter, and carbon deposits, compared to petrol.

LPG Cons:
    1. Lower efficiency compared to petrol. I'm expecting between 10-20% reduction in generator capacity.

My main motivation to do this is to have a backup generator that doesn't take up too much of my time to maintain. I can keep it stored indefinitely when not needed without worrying that the fuel can go bad. Gasoline stabilizers like Sta-Bil can only do so much. Though, I still need to run it every few months to make sure the generator actually works when it's needed. In the event that power goes out, I can run it immediately from LPG but then switch to fresh gasoline when the power outage exceeds the LPG tank's runtime. There's no need to stock up on gasoline.

Stock carb:

LPG conversion kit:

To wrap up, I had fun. I can't remember the last time my fingers reeked of petrol.
    Great!!! I'll ask for details once I finally decide to get one. Perhaps you can make me your apprentice?
    Generator sets

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Great!!! I'll ask for details once I finally decide to get one. Perhaps you can make me your apprentice?
    Generator sets
    I'd be happy to.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Generator sets
    Ang tagal naman...😉

Generator sets