New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    for everyday shoes, when in comes to comfort, the new balance 991/992 are hard to beat. i know they're not hiking shoes, but they're the most comfortable shoes i've ever worn. plus, they come in multiple widths.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Ok. Thanks. My Colemans still have a lot of life left in 'em. The reason I'm looking for a new shoes is because my Coleman's are in a shade of brown and I was hoping I could get something in the region of black to match my all-black uniform at work (how ironic, a doctor in black ).

Is Merell an imported brand? I keep seeing them in the malls. Any idea on prices? I don't exactly want an Php8,000.00 pair of shoes for daily [ab]use. :D

CAT looks mean but their designs seem to be a bit to bulky (even by hiking boot standards). I think I broke the soles off a pair of Timberlands a few years ago. hehehe.
    yup. merrells are imported brands, but i think they are made in china.
    costs around 3300-4500 each, depending on the model.
    i got mine two years ago, and it still looks new. although i only use it every friday.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Try to get them during sales/clearances. I got my Merrell's for $30

Most important is comfort level. Since you'll use them daily they better be comfortable enough but at the same time supportive enough too.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    timberland doc, ako even pang office gusto ko timberland. swerte lang
    me nahihiritang kuya sa US.

www.timberland.com

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Speaking of shoes, just got myself last week an old school Nike Air Force One.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so far wala akong nakitang merrell na black...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Check out Columbia. Matibay na at water resistant pa walang nga lang black. Mostly blue and brown.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

CAT looks mean but their designs seem to be a bit to bulky (even by hiking boot standards). I think I broke the soles off a pair of Timberlands a few years ago. hehehe.
    yup same thing happened to me, my timberland's sole disintigrated.

Doc Martens. Eto lang ang shoes na tumagal sakin more than 10 years! Bought them in 1994, finally retired them in 2005. The only reason I was forced to replace them was because nabutas na finally yung leather, di na nakaya ng Kiwi Liquid shine. Those shows waded with me through floods, were thrown into the swimming pool a couple of times, with me still in them of course and even went hiking with me. Mabigat nga and not that comfy but once you get used to it, nothing compares.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Those shows waded with me through floods, were thrown into the swimming pool a couple of times, with me still in them of course and even went hiking with me. Mabigat nga and not that comfy but once you get used to it, nothing compares.

sir otep...malamang eto rin ang gamit mo sa operation/surgery no? di na kelangan ng anesthesia. joke :D

i owned a pair of W. Browns, ung earlier ones before quality went to the crapper. tumagal din ng 4-5 years, until humiwalay ung swelas sa midsole.
    that's a new record, considering i once wore down a pair of Hi-Tec hiking boots in 4-6 months B)

main complaint was this odor that i couldn't get rid of(nabasa kasi ung loob)
    tsaka madulas pag basa ung sidewalk.

pansin ko lang, while the newer, cheaper shoes don't last very long, mas makapit siya pag basa. possibly due to the blown rubber(instead of solid rubber) outsole.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    agree with chip re DM talagang matibay. ito ang gamit ko pag tag-ulan.
    yun nga lang hindi kasing comfortable ng timberland. matigas siya pero sa tibay,
    matikas talaga.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Footwear Advice