New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Flowerhorns will try to bite anything that looks like food. Like the armored janitor fish that shared it's tank. Given it had a thick shell-like skin, it took the daily abuse with little problem.
    It's like the fighting fish pala na solitary din. So does that mean I can have my fighting fish share a space with a janitor fish?

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    OT:

The yummy Tilapia (when grilled) is also a species of Cichlid, same as the Flowerhorn. Darn, nagutom tuloy ako!
    I don't like Tilapia so much because my Lola told me it can survive in dirty water daw

Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    bata pa po yan eh.. about 3.4 to 4 inches pa lang sya dyan... i have no idea kung kelan lalabas yung hump sa noo cause when he/she died di na kami nag-alaga uli ng FH.. too brokenhearted on the loss.
    Is it eating a gold fish??? How often do you feed it? Cannibal pala yan, it looks so cute and wholesome pa naman.

Nakaka frustrate naman yan pag di pa lumalabas yun hump

Why didn't eat it the seahorse and turtle? I want a seahorse din ata. Hindi ba malas yan?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 1st, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I don't like Tilapia so much because my Lola told me it can survive in dirty water daw

Why didn't eat it the seahorse and turtle? I want a seahorse din ata. Hindi ba malas yan?
    Cultured Tilapia is tasty

The seahorse is "plastic" ... Not tasty, but the fresh goldfish is ...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i read somewhere that somebody declared the flower horn as the lucky fish up until 20xx. Not sure how they arrived at that conclusion. Me nagsabi sakin sa pet owner that it has to be given to you para maging lucky.

i've seen one with a fortune symbol(chinese character) on its side...take a wild guess how it got there

fyi, flower horns are actually hybrids -- they don't exist in the wild. Dunno if you can breed them (i.e. flowerhorn + flowerhorn)

Cathy_for_you : Is it eating a gold fish??? How often do you feed it? Cannibal pala yan, it looks so cute and wholesome pa naman.
    Technically it's not a cannibal if it didn't eat its own kind. But yes, i think all fish can be.

Basic rule of thumb for fish: if it fits in the mouth, then it's potentially food.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012

Is it eating a gold fish??? How often do you feed it? Cannibal pala yan, it looks so cute and wholesome pa naman.

Nakaka frustrate naman yan pag di pa lumalabas yun hump

I'm feeding guppies and fish pellets.. pag guppy, once a day lang, mga 1 or 2 guppy would do. pero pag fish pellet, a pinch in the morning and another in the evening.. guppy po yang nasa bibig nya that time.. that seahorse is just an decoration... plastic lang po yan. hehe.
    Last edited by stickers; April 1st, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    much better to buy a little FH with a prominent "kok". atleast the looks will promise you someting and no more guesses and expensive fish food growin head galore.

and FH can mate with an FH. unlike the blood parrots. another famous hybrid.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    *kenzie, I wanted koi fish initially but it's too expensive (and high maintenance) to build a pond in a garden. Also, my lab might just end up swimming in the pond and eating the fish. The flowerhorn I saw was at a simple aquarium lang and no decorations nga. I thought it was low maintenance since its left at the shop
    Pricey a lil bit the most expensive Koi the wifey bought was arnd 23K ata chepest 500H

Low maintenance kung magpalit ako ng tubig 2x a month lang (50%)

Parang doggie din kapag tatambulin ko ung hagdan sbay sabe ng " here fishy fishy" lapitan na agad sila hehehe

My wifes set up indoor pond with viewing glass from the garage ;)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    much better to buy a little FH with a prominent "kok". atleast the looks will promise you someting and no more guesses and expensive fish food growin head galore.

this i got to watch. may contact ba yun sir? hehehe

but those FH with prominent head bumps are for sure pricey.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    gusto ko din mag alaga ng Koi fish before. pero high maintenance yata and costly.
    Dali lang alagaan bro start ka sa 3-5 pieces

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i read somewhere that somebody declared the flower horn as the lucky fish up until 20xx. Not sure how they arrived at that conclusion. Me nagsabi sakin sa pet owner that it has to be given to you para maging lucky.

i've seen one with a fortune symbol(chinese character) on its side...take a wild guess how it got there

fyi, flower horns are actually hybrids -- they don't exist in the wild. Dunno if you can breed them (i.e. flowerhorn + flowerhorn)

Technically it's not a cannibal if it didn't eat its own kind. But yes, i think all fish can be.

Basic rule of thumb for fish: if it fits in the mouth, then it's potentially food.
    Oooppss my mistake, thanks on the correction, it's not a cannibal pala. Carnivore then? I thought most fish only eat plants

I'll take the offer of someone giving me a flowerhorn then I hope he gives me one with a big kok
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 1st, 2013 at 09:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    I'm feeding guppies and fish pellets.. pag guppy, once a day lang, mga 1 or 2 guppy would do. pero pag fish pellet, a pinch in the morning and another in the evening.. guppy po yang nasa bibig nya that time.. that seahorse is just an decoration... plastic lang po yan. hehe.
    How much guppy?

Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post

What is a good price for a flowerhorn with prominent kok? Ang ganda talaga ng sa shop nakita ko. Ang laki ng kok

Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    Pricey a lil bit the most expensive Koi the wifey bought was arnd 23K ata chepest 500H

Low maintenance kung magpalit ako ng tubig 2x a month lang (50%)

Parang doggie din kapag tatambulin ko ung hagdan sbay sabe ng " here fishy fishy" lapitan na agad sila hehehe

My wifes set up indoor pond with viewing glass from the garage ;)
    Wow koi is so expensive talaga! Your indoor pond looks so nice! Isn't it high maintainance? How much did it cost you?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast