New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I saw a flowerhorn fish in a shop that I frequently go to. I thought it was just a plastic/toy fish but the shop keeper told me that it's a real fish!!! It's super cute and I really want one.

Is it high maintenance? Also, why do prices differ so much at sulit (100, 500, 2500 and even 12,000!) What trait makes it most lucky (color, shape ?) If anyone one has one, please post a picture

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Narinig ko na yan but im not familiar medyo pricey din pala yan

---------

Coy fish me alaga wife and daughter ko ;)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; April 1st, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako meron alaga...the bigger the head "kok" the better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I saw a flowerhorn fish in a shop that I frequently go to. I thought it was just a plastic/toy fish but the shop keeper told me that it's a real fish!!! It's super cute and I really want one.

Is it high maintenance? Also, why do prices differ so much at sulit (100, 500, 2500 and even 12,000!) What trait makes it most lucky (color, shape ?) If anyone one has one, please post a picture

My brother has one... and it's a labor of love to keep one. For one, you have to change the water frequently (50% at a time) to keep water quality. You have to limit the food you give it or overfeeding can kill it. And even then, after a few years (2.5 or 3 years) it will go belly up and die of old age, like my brother's flowerhorn.

Also the fish tank must not have hard sharp edges or object which can wound the fish. It wont really kill it but it would result in ugly scars.

The fish tanks air supply must have a battery backup (or generator) when blackouts happen. If not, in a couple of hours, it will die from lack of oxygen.

The main feature is the head or the "horn"... the bigger the better.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 1st, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    May alaga akong flowerhorn. Pero newbie level pa lang ako since wala akong malaking aquarium at time para maggroom maigi.

Di naman sya ganung ka-high maintenance as far as I'm concerned. Need mo lang magpalit ng water once or twice a week. Medyo pricey lang ang feeds nya compared sa other fish foods, plus vitamins.

Traits na nagpapamahal sa kanya is yung breed (may malaking "kok" (hump sa ulo), color, or yung nakasulat na body nya.

For me, bumibili ako ng sa flowerhorn fry tapos ako na bahala magpalaki. Yun lang hit or miss yun. Minsan makakuha ka ng lalake, minsan babae (w/c is halos walang kok and medyo di makintab ang color). But yun yung thrill, sa pagpapalaki ng flowerhorn.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *shadow, GH and boytsiks, please try to post pictures of your flowerhorn fish.

I really did not know it was a flowerhorn, but thankfully LSB is quite knowledgeable about fish, I just described it as a big fish with bukol on the head I will try to post a picture of the flowerhorn at the shop.

*kenzie, I wanted koi fish initially but it's too expensive (and high maintenance) to build a pond in a garden. Also, my lab might just end up swimming in the pond and eating the fish. The flowerhorn I saw was at a simple aquarium lang and no decorations nga. I thought it was low maintenance since its left at the shop lang

*boytsiks, how much do I need to budget for feeds?

Mas swerte ba pag bigay yung flowerhorn?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    Narinig ko na yan but im not familiar medyo pricey din pala yan

---------

Coy fish me alaga wife and daughter ko ;)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2
    gusto ko din mag alaga ng Koi fish before. pero high maintenance yata and costly.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    536145_368671453196970_691828331_n.jpg
    Heto yun inaalagan nang anak kong babae na special child, ang pangalan niya ay LUCKY FISH. Pasensya na sa kulay nang tubig hindi pa kasi nalilinisan. 2011 pa namin inalagaan yan.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Yung sa amin namatay na.
    Malaki na yung ulo niya, pero lumuwa yung mata. After nun, hindi na siya kumakain kaya namatay na.
    Nasa K's ang presyuhan nyan.

The bigger the "head", the higher the selling price is
    Syempre dapat maganda din yung color and stripes
    Meron din mga "cross" na tinatawag. Thailand nangagaling.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast