New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Nobody was born perfect nor became perfect after spending time and money on education or gaining so much experience. An example that deserves the Darwin awards is the tearing down of the last bell tower in Maasin, southern Leyte that the spaniards built in favor of a less than glamorous or beneficial to the community save the interest of the owner of the building where the bell tower used to stand. Doesn't the Filipinos value history or the potential of the items that belonged to the community for centuries past? I am pretty sure there are things that have happened in the same fashion. The objective is to make the general public be aware of the destruction of parts of our valued heritage.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; December 28th, 2013 at 06:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ano daw?

Noose bled

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Fool daw ung mga pinoy na hindi nag value ng history at heritage. Dugay na kaau tonto pa din.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in a country where the daily lives of most of its people are spent earning enough money to buy food for the day PRESERVING HISTORICAL SITES IS NOT ONE OF THE TOP PRIORITIES

in a country where government officials only care about enriching themselves PRESERVING HISTORICAL SITES IS NOT ONE OF THE TOP PRIORITIES

it's only enlightened people that care about history and want to preserve historical sites for future generations

Filipinos aren't enlightened people yet

nasa lower levels of the pyramid palang ang pinoy

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ever wondered why wala masyado museums and art galleries ang Pinas?

pero madami malls hehe

matagal pa evolution ng pinoy

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ever wondered why wala masyado museums and art galleries ang Pinas?

pero madami malls hehe

matagal pa evolution ng pinoy
    Ask anybody where a certain mall is located, alam agad iyan. But where a certain museum is located? Kamot ulo.

Sent from my C6903 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mapa-historical site o history pa yan, walang paki ang Pinoy. Binoboto nga nila ulet mga trapo eh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My personal theory is that we're not really proud of our own history/culture, that's why we have little or no regard for such things. I think at the root of it all, we have a sort of identity crisis on the world stage.

Bakit ganun? Hard to tell. I'va often wondered what should come first, a country we can be proud of before we get a sense of national pride, or national pride and a sense of identity first before we can build a nation we can be proud of. Our ASEAN neighbors have definitely disproven the latter for me.

And of course, our local politicking/corruption doesn't help. But imho that can be traced to that identity crisis as well.
    Last edited by badkuk; December 29th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    My personal theory is that we're not really proud of our own history/culture, that's why we have little or no regard for such things. I think at the root of it all, we have a sort of identity crisis on the world stage.

Bakit ganun? Hard to tell. I'va often wondered what should come first, a country we can be proud of before we get a sense of national pride, or national pride and a sense of identity first before we can build a nation we can be proud of. Our ASEAN neighbors have definitely disproven the latter for me.

And of course, our local politicking/corruption doesn't help. But imho that can be traced to that identity crisis as well.
    300 years of Spaniards brainwashing? They pit Filipinos against each other, pinagaaway mga regions. They implanted the idea that we are indios, mahina isip, kaya maraming pinoy dinodiyos ang mga puti. Tinuruan tayong ubusin ang oras sa pagsamba, ipagpaubaya lahat sa Diyos, para hindi matuon ang isip ng mga pinoy sa problema natin sa espanya. Divide and conquer.

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    nabanggit nga ni uls yung malls, yan na ang priority ng tao ngayon.
    binisita ko fort santiago nung monday, nakakalungkot. ang bagal ng restoration ng mga ruins.
    yung building na ginawang kulungan ni pres. elpidio quirino doon, kulang nalang gibain na.
    ang lapit lang ng malacañang sa lugar na yan, hindi mapagtuunan ng pansin.
    lalayo pako, eh yung bahay ni felix hidalgo sa quiapo, halos nagkadurug-durog na. kung nakita niyo yung loob nung bahay, may mga paintings ni hidalgo yung ceiling at art works na importante sa historya at kultura nating mga pilipino.
    pero pinabayaang anayin at masira ng tubig ulan.
    buti nalang na salba ng kamag-anak pa niya. yun nga lang yung mga importanteng detalye ng bahay, nawala na.

yung mansion ng mga enriquez na ginawang unang u.p. fine arts, nasa bataan na ngayon buti nalang kinuha at nirestore ni jerry acuzar.

wala namang kinalaman mga ginawa ng espanyol satin.
    kalokohan naman yung sisihin mo pa yung nakaraan.
    mga mokong lang talaga mga pinoy at wala lang talaga tayong paki-alam.

magaling tayo sa gibaan at mabilis sa patayuan ng esem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast