New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    Twolves ang nag draft kay kobe... then lakers traded Divac to get kobe.
    Selected out of high school by the Charlotte Hornets in the first round (13th pick overall) of the 1996 NBA Draft....Draft rights traded by the Hornets to the L.A. Lakers for Vlade Divac on 7/11/96. Not the Twolves. And it was prearranged, the Lakers were eyeing Kobe before the draft, and asked Charlotte to draft him then trade him on the same draft day. So for all intent and purposes, Lakers "drafted" him.

Please enough of this Kobe, yun naman din ang point nitong thread. (obvious ba di rin ako Kobe fan?hehe)

Why all the Kobe bashing dudes, ease up on the guy, sure Kobe is a shot happy, egoistic superstar, but atleast he plays hard and constantly works on his game (unlike Vince Carter), and he was a model citizen up until the Colorado incident. You know what you'l get every night when Kobe plays. Lebron is a more talented player and has more physical gifts than kobe at the same age, but he's been in the league for a year and a half (kobe's a 9 year vet), barring a serious injury or misjudgement, and if he wins more championships than Kobe then history will consider him the better player. But its hard to say who's the better player, Kobe is more polished while Lebron is just scatching the surfice. It all comes down to intangibles and the little things.

Among the bigs, I like watching Dirk play, a 7 foot sharp shooter with a good handle, practically a 7 foot shooting guard. But if I where to start a team from scratch, I'd pick TD, but if you include Shaq in the equation I'd pick him in a heartbeat.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    How about the point guard position, who would you choose: Dwayne Wade or Steve Nash? Both are down with injury, and their teams have struggled without them. In the same efficiency ratings per 48 minutes, Nash is #11, Wade is #12. Nash leads the league in assists, while Wade is a do it all point guard, although Wade sometimes goes to shooting guard.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why "enough about kobe"? isn't a kobe comparison the whole point of this thread? in respect to theveed (the thread starter), we should start a new thread to debate the other guys.

if the comparo was kobe vs. lebron, right here, right now - i would take kobe. if my team is already good enough to get to the playoffs.

kobe is a stone cold assassin in crunch time. with one minute to go in game 7, who would you pick to shut down your opponent's best perimeter player? who would you want taking the last shot? like jordan before him, kobe gets it done on both ends.

their all-around skills are about equal, except james is bigger and stronger (but kobe is quicker). with the defensive attention he gets, kobe could lead the league in assists, he's just too hard-headed to try (he still gets about 7-8 a game though). who gets double-teamed each time he touches the ball? not #23.

the last reason is defense. james still has a ways to go on defense. sure, he plays the passing lanes very well, and those breakaway dunks are spectacular, but will james be able to shut down pierce, redd...even iverson and wade one-on-one? the game slows down a lot in the playoffs, and the key on defense is to lock down the opponent's stars. kobe's already proven he can do that, even though he had a hard time with rip and chauncey last year.

stay tuned this season though, because lebron is improving so quickly, my entire post might be completely wrong in a few months.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ed Ducut forever!!!!

Seriously, arent you guys simply scared of the King.... after all he's only on his second season and he's already producing stellar numbers. I believe Kobe is just being 'discovered' this time in his career?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Ed Ducut forever!!!!
    pssh...wala yan! Romy Mamaril pa rin!!!

yan ang comparo na dapat natin pag-debatehan :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sama ninyo sa cabatu...

anyways i'll take james because of his all around game...after a couple of games he too will develop kobe's killer instinct

Magic or Lebron... yan ang maganda comparo

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bernie fabiosa and pongky alolor kaya?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ...regarding Lebron Being Stringer Than Kobe, I Dont Think So..at 6'6, Kobe Is 240lbs Of Muscle...dba Sabi Nga Nya D Sya Corvette, More Of A Hybrid Ng Corvette At Hummer!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Enough with Jordan... New Comparo...