New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    I have some friends with different driving habits.. one girl friend drives barefooted.. another one slips on a slippers everytime she drives.. another guy friend has an old pair of sneakers in his car and he uses this for driving..

I've had an experience when I had a new black leather shoes and it almost caused me an accident because the sole was too hard and I was having problems breaking.

Do you use/have a driving shoes?
    I think it is a violation to drive barefoot or in slippers. Not sure though.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i just change shoes so that my office shoes won't get worn out too fast. i use my old office shoes for driving. sometimes, i wear slippers.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I use my 'regular shoes' in driving. However, when I am wearing leather shoes when attending weddings and other formal gatherings, if at all possible, I bring a pair of (softer) driving shoes and use them....

5000:boom:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    crocs beach hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    checked out SANUK kanina sa highstreet.. naku.. ang lapad pala non.. at ang mahal din pala.. 2.5T to 3T parang nakadikit lang.. maghintay na lang akong lumabas sa greenhills to! hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    dami naman ah. sa Zara dami. i think sa bench meron din. sa puma nga pala dame. usually they are shoes na me rubber sole up to the back ng heel. pag ordinary shoes kasi like those boatshoes e kumukulubot dun sa shoes in the right side ng heel mo. meron din sa mga high end brands na pag tiningnan mo e mukhang pang formal shoes. de sintas pa nga(oxford). i think kenneth cole has one of those "formal wear looking" driving shoes.
    ^^yup very comfy...ginagamit ko rin pang office minsan pag tinatamad na ako mag palit

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use slippers (a reebok slip on slippers) while driving.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    mas komportable akong magmaneho pag naka tsinelas.

lintik na PUJ driver na yun ipinagpipilitang bawal ang naka tsinelas pag nagmamaneho kahit daw sa mga pribadong sasakyan. bawal na nga ba?
    Yup. Think so. The problem is that the thongs of the sandals can get caught on the pedal... which can cause an accident (I've experienced the 'thong-snatch' before, when I first started driving).

If they're sandals per se, and not flip flops, they should be okay, though.

-----

I use Adidas Porshce Design driving shoes... nice and narrow, with enough edge to the side of the foot so that I can heel and toe a bit. Costs about 4.5k pesos... any Adidas store... but I'm thinking of getting the cheaper Adidas Goodyear ones, because they have a thicker edge on the side of the foot, which should give better grip on the heel-toe maneuver.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup. Think so. The problem is that the thongs of the sandals can get caught on the pedal... which can cause an accident (I've experienced the 'thong-snatch' before, when I first started driving).

If they're sandals per se, and not flip flops, they should be okay, though.

-----

I use Adidas Porshce Design driving shoes... nice and narrow, with enough edge to the side of the foot so that I can heel and toe a bit. Costs about 4.5k pesos... any Adidas store... but I'm thinking of getting the cheaper Adidas Goodyear ones, because they have a thicker edge on the side of the foot, which should give better grip on the heel-toe maneuver.
    Alam ko din po bawal ang tsinelas pang drive. Hindi ako sure sa naka barefoot dahil walang sasabit na strap (dudumi nga lang paa niyo). I wouldn't recommend it though kasi madulas sa pedal lalo kung pawisin ang paa ninyo. My Topsies made super driving shoes but lately, I've found my sperry driving shoes to be more repectable in semi-formal wear but still great for driving. Planning to get more in the near future. Yung Cole na driving shoes, parang naaawa ako dun sa bits of leather na nasa under part nung shoes eh.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mabuti na magmaneho ng barefoot kaysa mag-tsinelas kayo. Whenever I'm out with sandals, I take them off and drive barefoot or with socks. At least I have no worries about the strap or thong of the sandals getting caught in the pedals.

Besides, driving barefoot means you have greater sensitivity to your brake and throttle inputs. No thick soles to get in the way.

Back to topic:
    I own two pairs of Puma driving shoes, the full-leather Speed Cat Ls and suede/leather Fluxions. I also have Rusty Lopez leather slip-ons that make for pretty good driving shoes also. The sole extends to the ankle and is made up of lots of pedal-gripping rubber buttons---just how the driving shoes of old used to be made.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Driving Shoes - Do you use/have one?