New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uso na ba ito?

I've been encountering these one-handed drivers who use their right hand to steer, and the left arm hanging down over the driver side window, either with a cigarette or holding nothing. Tapos feeling F1 driver by swerving around traffic.

What's the reason for this kaya? :?:

Pinapakita ba nila na malaki ang braso nila?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayaw nila ng better control with two hands on the wheel e :roll:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i also drive one handed only pag traffic or cruising speeds lang mainly to smoke a cigarette pero all the time two hands ako magdrive

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parehas kami ni bossing :mrgreen:

one hand lang ako magdrive kapag bagal lang takbo ko, otherwise, always two hands on the wheel ako.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Driving with one hand is probably ok for slow / cruising speeds, but what I cannot understand is how some of these drivers were able to STEER and SHIFT gears AT THE SAME TIME, USING ONE HAND, while zig-zagging around traffic, WITH THE LEFT ARM HANGGING OUT THE DOOR...

The latest I met was a driver of an Isuzu Elf... wow galing... :?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey man, at least they still have one hand on the steering wheel. I've seen drivers in traffic using their knees to steer their car! Talk about multi-tasking!

:lol:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Me too, I also drive with one hand [left] on the wheel only. I use my right only mostly on making left turns, for right turns just to guide my left. Also at high speeds when the road has a curve to the right. I found it easier kasi to pull the wheel with the hand on which the curve is, either right or left. It gives smoother turns.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako rin, I steer mostly with one hand lang. My left is on the wheel and my right hand resting on the stick. Mas relaxed.

As long as well-maintained naman yung car mo (ie wheel balanced) and power steering kotse mo, ok lang na one hand lang sa wheel. IMO lang po.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pagmabagal oks lang pero pag-mabilis na dalawang kamay na, at kailangan naka-focus ka din sa pagda drive para iwas aksidente.8)8)8)8)8)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala kayo sa lolo ko! :mrgreen:

he was a race car driver dati... with only one arm! 8)

really! m not kidding! :D

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Driving With One Hand