New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang madmax mobil pala yan mojo...hehehehe

pati yung magka-cut sa yo na sasakyan eh magdadalawang isip pag nakita yan...hehehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hahaha galeng ng observer na ito! So what about those lanes?? I guess they are just imaginary lanes..right??

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sabi nga nila if you can drive in manila you can drive anywhere in the world, manila i think is one of the most difficult places to drive at, not to mention that there are so many law breakers(including me, sometimes) sa ibang lugar what sign say so is what matters dito no u turn liliko pa. tapos no jaywalking dapat in big hiways, kaya pag me nakasalubong nga ako na ganun and ala ako sa mood didiretsohin ko para matuto

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Driving in Manila is something I really don't look forward to!He he he!!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nabobore na ako driving in manila sobrang traffic kasi...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think the Manila driving behaviour is not only local ot Manila but to the whole of the Philippines. Try going to big cities outside Manila and I'm pretty sure you can see exact things. I think nasa tao na rin yan.

Tanong lang.... Sa dinadami ng mga Pinoys abroad, bat hindi sila ganyan mag-drive pag nasa abroad na sila? Pinoys abroad when they are driving in their own adopted countries, they are courteous, law abiding drivers. Pagdating sa Pilipinas during their bakasyon, balik ulit sa dating ugaling Pilipino. Bakit kaya?

Also, with the honking of horns -- I've only been to a few cities in US and in Europe and it seems they don't seem to use their horns as much as we Filipinos do.!! Napaka-quiet ang mga daan. Napakasarap mag-drive. If you happen to drive next to a Filipino driver, courteous siya, hindi nanggigit-git, at walang halong swear words ang salita niya. Bagkos, kung minsan, pinagbibigyan ka pa niya. Pinoys who have recently arrived from the Philippines into their "new" foreign homes, sila'y nabibigla sa mga ugaling driver ng mga dahuhan. Dream ko lang.... sana ganito rin sa Pinas....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mang ponso View Post
    Tanong lang.... Sa dinadami ng mga Pinoys abroad, bat hindi sila ganyan mag-drive pag nasa abroad na sila? Pinoys abroad when they are driving in their own adopted countries, they are courteous, law abiding drivers. Pagdating sa Pilipinas during their bakasyon, balik ulit sa dating ugaling Pilipino. Bakit kaya?
    I try to uphold the lessons I've learned from driving here in the US, but in reality, you won't survive if you drive like that in Manila. Can you always pass on the left, if you see a lot of U-turn slots? Can you always refrain from honking your horn if the jeepneys constantly cut you off? Can you really drive at the said speed limit if you barely reach 10% of that during traffic jams? Can you always let somebody pass, if those queued behind the vehicle will just cut you off in a stream of unending cars?

It's not the balikbayans you should blame, but the system, because it's a hard one to change considering the etiquette (or lack thereof) of the common driver.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I try to uphold the lessons I've learned from driving here in the US, but in reality, you won't survive if you drive like that in Manila. Can you always pass on the left, if you see a lot of U-turn slots? Can you always refrain from honking your horn if the jeepneys constantly cut you off? Can you really drive at the said speed limit if you barely reach 10% of that during traffic jams? Can you always let somebody pass, if those queued behind the vehicle will just cut you off in a stream of unending cars?

It's not the balikbayans you should blame, but the system, because it's a hard one to change considering the etiquette (or lack thereof) of the common driver.

I'm not saying I blame the balikbayans. What I am saying is that if people who have been to "good" foreign lands can emulate and pass on what they've seen and experienced in their stay abroad, this would then set a good example to the rest of "bad" Filipino drivers. This, of course, depends on the common tao - whether he would heed it or not is another question.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    reality check...

maraming PUVs dito sa pinas (jeepneys, buses, tricycles, pedicabs, etc.). wala namang ganito sa u.s. o other western countries, kaya ang traffic conditions ng pinas at sa ibang bansa ay magkaiba. idagdag mo pa ang highway infrastructures na hamak na mas maganda sa developed countries kesa sa atin kaya walang siksikan.

isa pa, ang mga drivers ng PUVs ay nag ko compete sa ibang PUV drivers to earn their daily living. kung papatay patay ka ay wala kang kita para sa pagkain ng pamilya mo. kese hoda yung ibang motorista. pwede din kasing "lagyan" yung mga traffic enforcers kung me violations, so who cares? ang importante ay kumita. for the PUV drivers, to survive the traffic jungle and earn your living daily is the name of the game.

sad to say, the local traffic conditions are here to stay for a very long time. mai improve lang yan if the govt looks for other alternative means of public transportation and phases out the PUVs to decongest the roads.
    Last edited by lolo pepe; December 29th, 2006 at 09:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo pepe View Post
    reality check...

maraming PUVs dito sa pinas (jeepneys, buses, tricycles, pedicabs, etc.). wala namang ganito sa u.s. o other western countries, kaya ang traffic conditions ng pinas at sa ibang bansa ay magkaiba. idagdag mo pa ang highway infrastructures na hamak na mas maganda sa developed countries kesa sa atin kaya walang siksikan.

isa pa, ang mga drivers ng PUVs ay nag ko compete sa ibang PUV drivers to earn their daily living. kung papatay patay ka ay wala kang kita para sa pagkain ng pamilya mo. kese hoda yung ibang motorista. pwede din kasing "lagyan" yung mga traffic enforcers kung me violations, so who cares? ang importante ay kumita. for the PUV drivers, to survive the traffic jungle and earn your living daily is the name of the game.

sad to say, the local traffic conditions are here to stay for a very long time. mai improve lang yan if the govt looks for other alternative means of public transportation and phases out the PUVs to decongest the roads.

Sang-ayon ako kay lolo pepe....alternative means of public transport/mass transport is the way to go. As the current situation goes, if I were a woman, I woudn't even dare take the MRT/LRT during rush hours as there are many maniakis (lalong lanu na sa mga kalalakihan diyan) na sumasakay diyan. The same with the buses. At most, most of the "gentlemen" have left all the manners somewhere outside this earth. There was even one time, a heavily pregnant mom with her little girl -- wala man lang nag-offer ng upuan sa kanya!! To put it bluntly, maraming lalaki nanghihipo at wala pang galang. Sa jeep naman, makakakuha ka lang ng upuan kung marunong kang sumabit. Sa susunod na kanto(pag may bumaba) siguradong my upuan ka. It might be very impossible for any female to do this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
DRIVING IN MANILA