New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Drive in heavy traffic or Ultra siksikan sa MRT?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drive Car, to hell with wear and tear.

10 76.92%
  • Suck it up and take the MRT

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    10-7 naman shift mo e. mukhang hindi na rush hour yun at least for the 'to' trip. kung office-house din lang byahe mo ok lang na mag mrt. problem is kung may biglang lakad or OT na hindi ka na aabot sa last trip.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'll bring a car. Wag kang manghinayang sa cost. That's the trade off for comfort. I have a small salary but I chose to spend P135/day on parking, P60/day on toll and P4,000 on gas just as so I could travel to and from work with not much hassle.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on how far you have to walk at each end and how much you have to carry. If it's not excessive, by all means, take the MRT.

It's liberating to have a netbook. All the stuff I need for meetings (excluding papers, which I sometimes just carry in a folder) fits in a small 6x9 bag. In fact, if the papers I'm carry aren't legal documents, I just fold them up and stuff them in the bag, too. I don't commute anymore, but if I had to, I could.

As for rush hour issues with the MRT... leave earlier, and buy yourself a set-value card, one that'll last you a week or so. Save your car for days when you'll really need it, like rainy days or shopping days.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Assuming I'm travelling alone, I'd take the MRT.....

7404:laundry:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Drive.

Walang MRT dito

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Have you considered carpooling? tipid ka na sa gas may ka bs ka pa to and from work.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anong ka BS?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Anong ka BS?
    Sorry ms Cathy, another guy term meaning kuwentuhan

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    Please give me advice whether to drive my own car to work or take the MRT.

- I live in kamuning, QC and go to work at ortigas from 10-7pm
    - manual transmission car
    - Bus and cabs are not an option. Bus is slower both and taxi too expensive hard to come by
    Given your specific case... Drive man, drive!

O kaya, ba't di mo kaya i-try -> 1 week MRT, 1 week driving your own car. Tapos decide kung saan ka happy, at hindi mukhang na-harrass at nalapastangan

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Have you considered carpooling? tipid ka na sa gas may ka bs ka pa to and from work.
    I did, kaso still new to work. In due time siguro. Nangangapa-ngapa pa rin (another guy term...? )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Drive to work or take MRT?