New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, exercise is best.

reverse breathing works for me (yoga/qigong technique).
    I know this is very counter-intuitive but breath in when you exert force.

This only works with body weight exercises. never try it on a machine or iron weights.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    yeah i was just being polite heheh and encouraging *gh to exercise. si ghost kasi kung anu-ano na iniisip, drinking cold water will make you lose weight heheh
    Well, better than kung ano-ano iniisip for the whole day like you.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i prefer to do physical activities in terms of losing weight, it is more advisable to have a healthy way of living...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    Yeah, exercise is best.

reverse breathing works for me (yoga/qigong technique).
    I know this is very counter-intuitive but breath in when you exert force.

This only works with body weight exercises. never try it on a machine or iron weights.
    pano yun reverse breathing exhale muna bago inhale

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I think your'e on to something. But I think temperatures in the Philippines won't allow you to get you're body to shiver and work hard to heat up.
    This says it all right there.

I doubt there's anywhere in the Philippines that can get an average Pinoy shivering hard enough to actually lose weight from just the cold.

The logic is sound...but it just ain't cold enough

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by malinkelly View Post
    i prefer to do physical activities in terms of losing weight, it is more advisable to have a healthy way of living...
    It is meant to be done aside from doing regular exercises or going to the gym.

I just want to know if such would help to lose some weight.

It is not meant to see if a "fad diet" would do any good.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    OT
    *gh - sir sana kung nakakapayat ang malamig na tubig payat na kami lahat here sa Disyerto kaso sir lalo pang lumalaki....

BTT

sabi ng friend ko sabi daw ng gym instructor sa Fitness First mas maganda daw na warm water ang iinumin instead of cold water.

for me parang hindi sya nakaka lose ng weight, if you compare sa food na kinakain natin lalo na yung "ma sebo" if you eat baka then inom ka ng malamig na tubig di ba nagbubuo sa bibig...siguro ganun din sya pag nasa loob na ng sistema natin

eto po ay sa aking pananaw laang.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is meant to be done aside from doing regular exercises or going to the gym.

I just want to know if such would help to lose some weight.

It is not meant to see if a "fad diet" would do any good.
    If by pure technicality, I'd say yes since the body does need to warm up that cold water. To do that, your body has to burn some calories.

Just don't drink (too much) cold water on an empty stomach. Whenever I did that my stomach would growl so loud people would notice and joke about it.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Do farm work.

A cheerful uncle who resides in the US East coast is now much much happier when he spent two months of vacation here recently. He did farm work in Bukidnon, planted trees, cut grass, etc. We also spent a lot of time swimming in Camiguin Island's hot springs.

His waistline when he arrived was 40. When he left last Wednesday for the US, it's down to 34. At 76, that's quite a feat, I'd say. He now uses the last hole in his belt though I think he has to buy a new one because the mark of the first hole was quite prominent.

He said his fare was well worth it. It's very hard to lose inches in the East coast because of the cold weather accdg to him.

He only eats one cup of rice every meal. At 76, he doesn't have any banned food which is definitely enviable for most. He still knows his calculus very well. I laughed because I thought retirees forget stuff like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Does drinking cold water help in losing weight?