New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganun ba talaga katagal dapat ang rest after magka-miscarriage? Hindi pa sure yung 6 weeks, baka ma-extend pa daw after the check up on the 6th week. So more than 6 weeks walang income yung tao?

The employee is our manager in our office. Ok lang naman sa amin actually na ganun katagal sya wala. Ang problema mawawala kasi kami ng family ko in April. We haven't asked her yet kung kelan sya makakapasok because we don't want to pressure her. We talked directly to the doctor which is also the OB of my wife. Nung nagulat kami na ganun katagal pinapa-rest, sinabi ng doctor na pwede naman namin syang papasukin but we will have to sign a waiver that we required her to go back to work, against the advice of the doctor.

Nung nagka-miscarriage wife ko, 1 week lang nagtrabaho na. Ewan ko anong gusto ng doctor na to and 6 weeks pinapa-rest yung manager.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    diba miscarriage has the same number of days as maternity leave? not sure if this is the law but sa amin 2 months leave with pay c/o office and SSS

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Iba iba kasi sir ang condition ng miscarriage.. Baka mas delikado para dun sa employee nyo compare dun sa miscarriage ng wife nyo.. Madami din factors for the time of recovery.. It could be her age, condition, overall health etc.

Hindi naman sa side ako ng doctor/employee.. But i think they could know more about it compare sayo.. Madami lang consequences pag ganun katagal absence ng isang employee, pero lets just think of her safety first..

you could always sign the waiver if you want your employee to resume her duties..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    She is entitled for her Maternity Leave:

Under Article 133(a) of the Labor Code, “Every employer shall grant to any pregnant woman employees who has rendered an aggregate service of at least six months for the last twelve months, maternity leave of at least two weeks prior to the expected date of delivery and another four weeks after normal delivery or abortion, with full pay based on her regular or average weekly wages.”

Which can be extended to 60 days, as that is I believe what the SSS will pay her.

I am sorry, but you can't deny her right for just your selfish reasons.

Kapag siguro narinig ko sa asawa ko na nakunan na: "Eh pinapasok na ako eh" Sugurin ko yang employer na yan, at kung di maayos, diretso na sa DOLE.
    Last edited by slapz; February 24th, 2014 at 11:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yespo... naka-ukit sa batas yan.
    and if the employee does go back to work sooner, she might not get the complete compensation that is due her..
    let it go, sir.. it's for the good of the race. (that's why the law is very generous on this aspect..)
    and the doctor is just prescribing what the law allows. remember po, that every body is unique...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    according to my mom (who's a medical practitioner), it usually takes 4-6 weeks for a healthy woman to recover from a miscarriage. but recovery may take longer if she's had a difficult pregnancy or if the patient is physically frail.

more importantly though is the fact that doctors also consider the the emotional and psychological aspect of healing w/c may take more time than the physical recovery itself
    Last edited by baludoy; February 24th, 2014 at 11:42 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well wala nga kaming magagawa if that's the case, similar ang miscarriage and child birth.

Signature

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    miscarriage is same as giving birth so entiled sya for a 45 days ata or 2 months leave, added mo pa ung emotional pain. sss benifit also same as giving normal birth.
    speaking yan from experience, misis ko na miscarriage ung 2nd baby namen dapat. . .

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try talking with her after a few weeks (maybe mid march) and see if she's up to it or not. Baka by then the emotional loss will be healing and she could also be getting bored with not going to work. Maybe she can report for work pag alis niyo, come April on a limited basis (half day, or 2 to 3 times a week) just to check on things at the office.

Bigyan nalang ng added incentive to sweeten things if need be (additional VL pag balik niyo or a little bonus) for going beyond the call of duty.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho depende ata sa tao. Some mothers in the provinces can go back working in the fields the day after they gave birth. Me mga maselan lang po talaga ang katawan.

Heaven forbid if you ask her to work and me mangyari sa kanya, it's on you. Even if nothing happens, you'll look like the evil boss, with figurative/imaginary whip in hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Doctor adviced 6 week leave/rest for employee who had a miscarriage.