New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    science and the quest for knowledge can only achieved if you have inner peace. and how can inner peace be achieved? if there is outer peace -> a quiet and peaceful community/society.

let's take for example, the MS campus in seattle or the Diliman campus in UP or any other nobel peace prize winning locations like harvard or ivy leagues in the states. which makes one wonder, why call it nobel peace prize for overachieving scientists.

so how does one achieve a peaceful society? it's simple. the society is surrounded by religious and morally-inclined people.

all throughout history, do we see any successful society, ancient or pre-colonial, who embraced science first, then religion/spirituality?

it's always the other way around.

our brains (which is the #1 requirement of science) can only function to the fullest, if our body and our emotions/spirituality are at peace or in another familiar term, in harmony.
    Last edited by Gen. Miting; February 27th, 2009 at 07:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    [SIZE=6]Oooooops..... Time out![/SIZE]

Now lets go back to the topic.

Do you believe in Hell? Myself, I do believe it. My mother in-law she has a big house but once you step inside.....its a Hell. Masyadong bungangera sa father in law ko, palagi niyang inaapi.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I do ..... yun ang nakalagay sa bible

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    mabuti pa itong dalawa o...

“I want to know God’s thoughts; the rest are details.” Einstein
    Einstien was born with Jewish Family. Jewish are really smart people. ingit nanaman ako. hehe...

I do believe we all have been born with something missing, seeking. of truth, Love, seeking the face of God or a supreme being perhaps. we have been "hardwired". like frankenstein seeking his creator. an adopted son looking for his true parents. like Einstien wanting to know what God thinks... this is how we are different from Animals. we also have a mini-beingness like a God because we are created from his image trap on an animalistic body with 10% brain limited. hehe...
    Last edited by rion; February 27th, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    [quote=rion;1202838].

faith is not always that easy, with a brain like mine that can only work *10% of it's capabilty.

Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    mabuti pa itong dalawa o...

because we are created from his image trap on an animalistic body with 10% brain limited. hehe...
    excuse lang bro... is this the 10% myth you are talking about?

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

We pretty much use all of our brain matter... just not at the same time.

this misconception was further propagated by psychics and other paranormal adherents.
    Last edited by bad driver; February 27th, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ah...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i used to, but not now

i think it's a wrong idea and that the spirit of doing good to your neighbor gets lost if it's done for fear of doing otherwise will lead to perdition. . .in the same way, i see hypocrisy and eventual selfishness when someone says that he/she is doing good to his/her neighbor so that he/she can go to heaven

can't we just simply treat each other humanely simply because it is required of the situation and without the thought of an eternal reward in heaven or eternal damnation in hell?. . .religion has made social interaction much more complicated than it should be

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    of course mayrong hell and its on our day to day life. lucky if you didn't encounter it yesterday, maybe today or maybe tomorrow, but surely its around us in our life's journey. you hear poeple say " ...impyernong buhay 'to" but of course some say... " heaven at last!"

but regarding sa hell-after-death... eh sabi nga ng iba eh we'll findout na lang sa takdang panahon.

IMO. -i just can't think of any logical reason why God the most merciful and all knowing ay gagawa ng such a horrendous place for some if not most of His beloved creation's final destination.

pang balance lang, kasi kung may naghihintay na 'heaven' syempre may 'impyerno' din.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just IMO & belief:

Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    IMO. -i just can't think of any logical reason why God the most merciful and all knowing ay gagawa ng such a horrendous place for some if not most of His beloved creation's final destination.
    hell as final destination is man's own choice & freewill...if he had not been obedient (or at least tried to be obedient) to the basic commandment of "to love God and to love thy neighbor"...

Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    can't we just simply treat each other humanely simply because it is required of the situation and without the thought of an eternal reward in heaven or eternal damnation in hell?. .
    yes as exemplified by Jesus and by heeding to His basic commandment above...

I hope may equivalent din yung commandment sa ibang religion and beliefs......PEACE

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yes! definitely...where is it? it resides in the mind...same thing for heaven and the big brother in the sky

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Do you believe in Hell?