New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Is committing suicide a mortal sin?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Siyempre naman!!

4 50.00%
  • Hindi, desisyon ko naman iyan..

3 37.50%
  • Kung may tamang rason

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    it depends on how you view your bible..

in muslim it is a martyr
    in christianity it is a sin

but in my view there is no such word "mortal" in bible

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well in the end its still opinion... Sa mga Muslim nga diba mga suicide bombers are praised by radicals and JIHAD daw yun and they go to heaven as martyrs...
    ... With 72(?) vestal virgins pa yata.... Magandang incentive iyan...

12.7K:fart1:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Current RC teachings dictates that it is a mortal sin. However for muslims and japanese (harakiri) where they are not informed of such teachings as ours and from childbirth they are told differently, hindi yan sin. The politically correct term kasi is misinformed conscience. Yung mga garapal naman masasamang tao, callous conscience na yan. hehehe

Yung kay angie reyes sin yun, baliw lang yung taga-Phil RC church na nagsabi na puwede na basbasan. Kalokohan yan. Baka malaki bayad.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    [SIZE=3]sa mga may balak magpakamatay,eto para sa inyo.[/SIZE]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7mx3vXkYfA"]YouTube - Three Days Grace - Never Too Late (Official Music Video)[/ame]

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    For me, dahil Katoliko ako, oo. No one has the right naman na patayin ka, kahit sarili mo. Only God knows when are you gonna die.

Dun naman sa Japanese at Muslim, it still depends. Kung marangal naman ang pagpapakamatay mo (i.e. kamikaze bombers), eh ok lang yun since you did it for the sake of others. Pero yun sa Muslim, parang I really find it radical... Still, God decides our fate and no one can contest that ;)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Paano kung self sacrifice wherein you must take your life to save others? Kung may bus na puno ng mga bata huhulog sa bangin pero kailangan iharang mo pero siguradong mamatay ka? Pwedeng tawagin ba tong suicide din?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wala sa bible and "mortal" sin, it's just an invention of the catholic church. a sin is a sin, there is no degree of seriousness.

having said that, i don't agree with suicide. especially for healthy but disgraced people like angelo reyes. you have to have the balls to face the consequences if you're willing to do the crime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is Committing Suicide a Mortal Sin?