New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ang sabi ng mga adults dati, noon daw panahon na may Clark at Subic US base dito, nag-point daw ng isang warhead sa'tin ang USSR. ano kaya naka-point pa kaya ngaun?
    Binili na siguro ng Iran...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ang sabi ng mga adults dati, noon daw panahon na may Clark at Subic US base dito, nag-point daw ng isang warhead sa'tin ang USSR. ano kaya naka-point pa kaya ngaun?
    Sa ganang akin e , lahat ng allies ng US merong nuke na naka assign ang russia and same din ng US.Pero this days siguro mas madaming naka aim na nukes ang US sa China he he he

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pinalayas nyo kasi yung mga imperialist colonials sa Clark at Subic eh :hihihi:

e di sana may wave motion gun na rin kayo ngayon :rofl01:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    LANGIS, LANGIS ito lang ang puno't dulo nito. Nagkakahirapan na sa
    kontrol ng langis. Kung sino malakas at matapang - PANALO.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Baliw si Putin.

Tulad ni Hugo Chavez. Baliw din.

Pati si Ahmadinejad.

Dami baliw ngaun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    This thread's giving me the waffles.

:hysterical:

Edit ninja > * > any missile

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The kind of missile the US will use in the missile shield is designed to destroy another missile. It should be relatively short-ranged and the warhead is most likely a fragmentation type, like a grenade. The whole inventory can be fired on one city and they'll barely make a dent assuming they have the range in the first place.

I'm with Putin, though. If there's an agreement between the US and Russia not to install a missile defense shield in Europe, then the US should abide by that agreement.

From what i've read, the missile defense system is like trying to shoot a moving bullet with another moving bullet. There was only one successful test of this system (intercepting an incoming missle with another missle) but previous tests failed.

Hot topic ito sa G8 summit in Germany. I think Russia will still try to assert themselves in the world stage given their new found economic power. Yung mga interviews ng Russian officials sa international news media is proof that they are not backing down on their stance.

IMO, Russia fears that the shield will actually cover their territory. But if you read between the lines, its not much about territorial issues. Its about playing politics in the international arena.

Many hardliners in Russia still dreamt of that old Soviet might. That's where pressure comes in. Putin has to pacify these people and at the same time, show the world that it still is a force to contend with. Just my 2cents.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    But if you read between the lines, its not much about territorial issues. Its about playing politics in the international arena.
    That's about it. I can't really blame the Russians. All throughout the Cold War and afterwards, they've been perceived as the "bad guys" with stories about horrific purges, massacres, pogroms, etc which were probably all true. It'd make sense if they feel obligated to return the favor.

OT

As for Chavez..... He's harmless besides making gasoline more expensive for everyone. If the US sold him the military hardware he asked for in the first place, Chavez probably wouldn't be making much noise (anti-US rhetoric). Beats me why the US wouldn't sell him more F-16s... They're 30-year old designs and near the end of their service life. Chavez did what I would've done, buy newer Sukhoi SU-30's instead.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    That's about it. I can't really blame the Russians. All throughout the Cold War and afterwards, they've been perceived as the "bad guys" with stories about horrific purges, massacres, pogroms, etc which were probably all true. It'd make sense if they feel obligated to return the favor.

OT

As for Chavez..... He's harmless besides making gasoline more expensive for everyone. If the US sold him the military hardware he asked for in the first place, Chavez probably wouldn't be making much noise (anti-US rhetoric). Beats me why the US wouldn't sell him more F-16s... They're 30-year old designs and near the end of their service life. Chavez did what I would've done, buy newer Sukhoi SU-30's inste

Agree. The Russians have been depicted as having lived through brutal regimes. But they have lived through it. That's the stigma attached to its Soviet past. Nature has a way of balancing things. With these events, it might be an opportunity for them to do the opposite (return the favor).

OT:As for Chavez, he sold cheap gasoline to poor US residents. He uses his oil resources as a potent weapon. But lately, he has to contend more with the internal turmoil in his country rather than take up on the US. He closed down TV station and is planning to clamp down on more.

We never ran out of the extra ordinary events in this world triggering chaos and disorder. He might even be the cause of next world war when the world is not looking.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    From what i've read, the missile defense system is like trying to shoot a moving bullet with another moving bullet. There was only one successful test of this system (intercepting an incoming missle with another missle) but previous tests failed.
    That's why there's a need to deploy them closer to the suspected launch sites of rogue ballistic missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanren
    Hot topic ito sa G8 summit in Germany. I think Russia will still try to assert themselves in the world stage given their new found economic power. Yung mga interviews ng Russian officials sa international news media is proof that they are not backing down on their stance.

IMO, Russia fears that the shield will actually cover their territory. But if you read between the lines, its not much about territorial issues. Its about playing politics in the international arena.

Many hardliners in Russia still dreamt of that old Soviet might. That's where pressure comes in. Putin has to pacify these people and at the same time, show the world that it still is a force to contend with. Just my 2cents.
    Putin is just rattling his saber before the elections next year IMO. Some Russian officials have even acknowledged that this missile system doesn't pose a threat to their nuclear arsenal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Cold War, up again???