New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Guys, just a warning... don't turn this into a CFC bashing thread. :police:
    makinig kayo kay Mazdamazda.

crab mentality - you can clearly see it in this thread. kanya-kanyang hatak pababa sa CFC/GK. kahit di alam ang lahat ng detalye sa issue at hand.

anyway, i support Boo Chanco's stand on this issue.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Guys, just a warning... don't turn this into a CFC bashing thread. :police:
    thanks M2.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was a member of YFC during my teen years.

Lots of Praying while making starnge sounds for activity hehehehe
    Lots of girls by the way (Raging hormone at that time)
    Lots of wierdos too hehehe

But a lot of charity work which I like.

Now that am married, many people are inviting us to join. hmmmm
    maybe some other time

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    IMO it doesnt matter.... as long as they still help the needy..... I have been exposed to ngo's and I can say that they are not as clean as you would think. but as long as they help those who need help, they would still get my respect....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I am an active member of CFC and this thread is not right venue for you to rant your bad experience with CFC members. It's also unfair to generalize members or the CFC community based on these experiences and encounters. All of us are a work in progress in terms of transforming ourselves to be better Christians and be Christ like.

I am very sadenned with the split-up and right now my wife and I have not yet decided if we will stay with current CFC or move to the CFC FFL. The issues raised by Frank Padilla are very valid. In GK, we're at the mercy of the benefactors. Ika nga Beggars cannot choose. Na compromise na talaga yung original mission ng GK not just to build houses but to build HOMES. Right now mas concerned yung to generate funds, get more donors to build these houses and less empahsis on the values formation to the family and the community where these houses are being built. This can be actually resolved within CFC. Lahat naman ng bagay napgauusapan and nagagawan ng paraan. Unfortunately di talaga magkaroon ng agreement yung current council and Frank's group. The bishops have arbitrated these unification effort but still in the end they decided that it's better to separate ways for the meantime.

I am appealing to everybody to please continue supporting and believing in Gawad Kalinga.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, I'd side with the group staying with Gawad Kalinga.

Tama nga, napapag-usapan yun.

Frank's group may not agree with the position of some of the benefactors of Gawad Kalinga, vis a vis artificial family planning, and they may not agree with the emphasis on social focus rather than spiritual, but:

A spiritual life not lived for others does not seem the Christ-like thing to do.

If evangelization is important to them, can't they wait? The GK project is a good way to build communities... and by supporting that community and strengthening it, they provide themselves with opportunities for further evangelization in the future.

In other words, stay in and strengthen ties with the growing community.

Patience lang yun... and priorities. The end justifies the means, personally. It's not a compromise of principles, since the anti-artificial contraceptive thing is more dogma than actual Christian doctrine (if recreational *** is so bad, then natural contraception should also be banned)... and if they cannot let go of that belief or hold the good work they're doing with GK as more important than that, then... sayang.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi nila "kahit saang gubat, meron ahas"

ang sabi ko naman "kapag bilyones na ang usapan, sali ako dyan!"

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe... no comment nalang from a guy like me... but i'm not surprised at all.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Para walang away, ako na lang ang magvo-volunteer na mag-manage ng mga donations. I'm also a devout Catholic, and please believe me, I'll take good care of it!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    agree po ako sa post na nag sabi na sang ayon siya sa panig ng GK. Mas "pressing issue" ang kahirapan ng mga kapwa natin Pilipino. Aanhin ang relihiyon kung iisipin mga problema kung saan titira. Kaya mas maiigi unahin ang mga mabuting gawa kaysa sa mga evangelize. "Maslows heirarchy of needs" ata yun.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
CFC Split over GK