New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    sir ewan ko lang ha... sa kakabalik balik ko sa service ang sabi sa akin nung isang mechanic doon " lancer kasi binili mo eh.." then tinuro sakin yung ibang unit.. eto kalampag din problema (extended bumper) baka yung batch na yun..

pero yung ibang friend ko wala naman naging problema... natapat nga lang lemon nakuha ko

isa pa.. mazda power van e2000, after 2 years overheat na saka FC nya 4km/liter hahaha
    That's strange... my uncle's E2000 is now nearly twenty years old. Bought brand new. With regular preventive maintenance, the engine has lasted around 150k-200k kilometers. No overhauls. Temperature sometimes goes up, but no overheats... (interesting watching the needle rise when you try to "cruise" at 160+ km/h while forgetting to top off the coolant bottle... ) anyway... poor cooling is a typical problem for cab-forward gasoline vans. The Lite Ace and first generation Vanette were even worse.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi 1998. Sucks to the max. Suspension is a lemon and I am not alone in this suspension kalampag problem; this model really sucks! Sirain sobra!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's strange... my uncle's E2000 is now nearly twenty years old. Bought brand new. With regular preventive maintenance, the engine has lasted around 150k-200k kilometers. No overhauls. Temperature sometimes goes up, but no overheats... (interesting watching the needle rise when you try to "cruise" at 160+ km/h while forgetting to top off the coolant bottle... ) anyway... poor cooling is a typical problem for cab-forward gasoline vans. The Lite Ace and first generation Vanette were even worse.

noong time na inaalok ko sa mga buy and sell yung powervan tinatanggihan... pahirapan daw maibenta..malakas lang talaga sa gas at overheat ang problem.. the rest ayos naman malakas hatak ng makina at comfortable naman ang ride.... luto nga lang ang y*gb*doodles mo

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I never experienced owning a "lemon" . . . 'coz I believe that a car's performance largely depends on how the owner uses and maintains it.

Why? Here's a personal example:

My parents gave me a 1988 Nissan Maxima when I was in college ('still is my favorite ride). They say it's a boring ride 'coz the engine is too weak for its heavy body. I say I clocked 3 hours and 30 minutes from Solano, Nueva Vizcaya to Manila (270kms) back in 1998 when I was still hot on the pedals. They say it's a pain in the wallet to maintain it 'coz parts are very expensive & hard to find. I say take care of it and you won't be needing those expensive fixes. They say, I say . . . it really depends on the owner of the vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    I never experienced owning a "lemon" . . . 'coz I believe that a car's performance largely depends on how the owner uses and maintains it.

Why? Here's a personal example:

My parents gave me a 1988 Nissan Maxima when I was in college ('still is my favorite ride). They say it's a boring ride 'coz the engine is too weak for its heavy body. I say I clocked 3 hours and 30 minutes from Solano, Nueva Vizcaya to Manila (270kms) back in 1998 when I was still hot on the pedals. They say it's a pain in the wallet to maintain it 'coz parts are very expensive & hard to find. I say take care of it and you won't be needing those expensive fixes. They say, I say . . . it really depends on the owner of the vehicle.
    Ever heard of the lemon car law? Kaya ayaw ng mga casa yan dito kasi they know no matter what, may atleast 1 lemon car silang naproduce.

Si Miguel Zubiri nagpush ata nun when he was still a congressman, not sure. Sa ibang countries meron dito I highly doubt it.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    meron din kami noon 1990 L300 gas. nagooverheat pag standstill na traffic. we resorted to installing an aftermarket auxillary electric fan as a remedy.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Vanette......

Pag natakbo ok. Pero pag na-traffic na kami, dapat i-switch off ang AC para di mag-overheat.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Nobody have mentioned about Honda being a sucker other than being a jinx. Could this be an indication that Honda is indeed better engineered compared to other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Nobody have mentioned about Honda being a sucker other than being a jinx. Could this be an indication that Honda is indeed better engineered compared to other brands?
    nah..i dont think so....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Meron ata nag post dito honda na lemon. Natatandaan ko pa signature nya. Had One Never Do it Again. ( HONDA ). Na ban ata ito dahil nagpapanggap lang o di na nag post dahil napahiya.

Anyway, sa mga naging sasakyan ko ung current Lancer 97 ang kinaiinisan ko dahil sa kalampag. Sa umpisa walang kalampag. Pag matagal mo na drive dami na kalampag. Pero bawi ako sa tibay ng makina.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Car that sucks....