New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I reserved for a car at a dealer last month. I would have already bought the car if it was already available at the dealer, but I was told the model and color that I wanted will be available by end of August. So I placed a reservation fee with that dealer.

Last week, I got a call from the SA that the unit that I reserved for is still not yet available. I just said that I can wait. There was no mention of a price increase from the SA.

Today, I called the SA to ask if the unit will be available before the month ends. The SA said it's still not sure when my unit will be available, and then mentioned that there will be a price increase next month, and that I am not protected against the price increase even if I have already paid a reservation fee.

What's the consensus on reservation fees? Shouldn't it be based on what was the agreed price upon payment of the reservation fee? I know we didn't discuss about this when I placed my reservation fee, nor was it mentioned in the acknowledgement receipt they issued. But in my experience in buying cars, by paying for a reservation fee, I am protected against any increase in price.

Do I have a case against the dealer?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    IMO, reserved ka na before the price increase. Therefore, yung order mo ay made before the price increase, kaya dapat di ka isama doon

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    IMO, reserved ka na before the price increase. Therefore, yung order mo ay made before the price increase, kaya dapat di ka isama doon

Kaya nga. Yan din naman ang general rule di ba. Ang sabi ng SA, yung reservation fee is para daw mai-priority lang ako. Labo.
    Sabi ko nga sa SA, naging disadvantage pa sa akin ang pagbayad ng reservation fee since hindi na ako naghanap pa sa ibang dealer.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kaya nga. Yan din naman ang general rule di ba. Ang sabi ng SA, yung reservation fee is para daw mai-priority lang ako. Labo.
    Sabi ko nga sa SA, naging disadvantage pa sa akin ang pagbayad ng reservation fee since hindi na ako naghanap pa sa ibang dealer.
    Is that for Fortuner?
    Sabihin mo di ka na bago sa pagbili ng sasakyan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is that for Fortuner?
    Sabihin mo di ka na bago sa pagbili ng sasakyan

Yes, Fortuner. How did you know?

Sinabi ko din yan, sa experience ko sa pagbili ng cars, one of the reasons kaya nagbibigay ng reservation fee is para protection against price increase.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Yes, Fortuner. How did you know?

Sinabi ko din yan, sa experience ko sa pagbili ng cars, one of the reasons kaya nagbibigay ng reservation fee is para protection against price increase.
    Cause my SA told me na naka hold ang units for price increase. Lol.
    I waa about to get an Innova kasi, then i asked Fortuner na din. But moved my plans. Since it's crazy that the new Fort will be almost 2M price

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    53k daw increase ng Fortuner V. With some enhancements daw.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    AFAIK 2% increase on all prices/models.

Ang dami loko-loko na ahente sa Toyota.

When I was looking for a van, may isang agent sa Toyota Dasma sinabi sa akin na pag bank financing daw, least priority nila. Pag TFS, meron daw agad unit.

Then sa Bel Air, ayaw din ng bank PO, gusto TFS, para may allocation agad daw ng unit.

Finally in Chino Roces, tinangap bank PO naming but no additional discount aside from the standard discount given. Then hintay pa kami 1 month for the unit. But before hand ang sabi nila wala daw pila sa black.

BTT:

Kung naka-pag-reserve ka na, it means dapat may paper-work involved, para clear ang lahat. And that you are protected from any eventual price increase in the future.

Try talking to the manager/supervisor of your agent. Just to clear up things.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The SA said she is trying to pull a unit from another dealer, but if hindi nya makuha, I will have to pay more for my reserved unit.

I'll call again tomorrow and see what happens.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Prrrrrt! Foul!

naka hold?! for price increase?!

Cause my SA told me na naka hold ang units for price increase. Lol.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Car reservation fee, not protected against price increase?