New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i thought canada is a safe place? that's what michael moore illustrated on fahrenheit 9/11.

given the chance i would also migrate to canada while i am still young and still have an able body. competition in the philippines is getting stiffer every year. whether you're an entrepreneur or an employee. they say competition is stiff in every country even in north america but oppurtunity and living in a first world country is definitely a mountain higher than what we get in the philippines. here the government will not listen to you if you are a nobody, kung sinong mayaman sya ang mas papaburan. just my two cents.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Musta mga tsikoters? Sensya na kung off-topic...

Im a newbie here and I am very much interested to get some inputs/insights living in California. Just so happended na may job offer ako dun next year. I just want to know some answers to the following questions below that is clouding my mind...

Hows's the cost of living there?
    How much will I spend on monthly rental on lodging?
    How much do you usually spend the whole day/month on your food?
    Will 3 grands per month good enough para may mai-save at maipadala ako sa family ko d2 sa pinas?

Hope you guys can help me on this. Thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    very well informed ka kapatid :cool:

I also met a Denny's District Manager na pinoy, pero napaka humble. Na promote sya ng DM after 3 years and he started as Manager. Nung naging manager sya, kalilipat nya lang sa US. At ang age nya nung first time na-hire sya is 55 y/o. Sa pinas, wala nang tatanggap sayo kung over 35 y/o. P**&#%$ng I**#&ng sistema sa Pinas yan. Yung ibang pinoy dito na mayabang, yun ang mga walang ipagyayabang at loaded ang credit cards nila.
    DENNY'S???!!!! *******ng denny's restaurant yan, huwag sila magkakamali magtayo ng denny's sa pinas at susunugin ko yan. I WAS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AT DENNY'S RESTAURANT IN OKLAHOMA CITY! i got there at around 8pm (i was on a cross country drive from LA to Chicago) i was in line at the reception and i asked the head waiter to seat me. hindi man lang ako tinignan, parang wala ako dun. instead he called the couple who was behind me and seated them. kala ko nauna lang sa akin yun, baka may pinuntahan lang like bumalik sandali sa car kaya hinayaan ko na lang. then may sumunod na kakababa lang sa car nila, inuna din yun. so ask ko bakit inuna nya yun, hindi na naman ako tinignan. so i just went in and sat myself, then waited for the guy with "manager" id on his shirt. i called the guy and asked to talked to him, he just looked at me then went away. then napansin ko puro puti yung nasa loob ng restaurant. so lumabas na lang ako, drove another 120 miles to the next state. pag tawid ko ng mississippi river first city was Joplin, Missouri. hanap muna ako ng hotel, umuulan na kasi. pag dating ko sa hotel sinalubong agad ako ng bell boy (matanda na about 60) may dalang payong, helped me with my bag, the reception was very accomodating, showed me to the restaurant where i was given coffee right away even if i did not ask coz they said it was a cold night...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ICB: that murder case is just sick, just like the Scott Peterson case. yes, there are plenty of psychos in America.

bilog: please don't take anything Michael Moore says about America as the unvarnished truth. he has an agenda to push and many Americans disagree with him

yebo: Denny's lost a class-action discrimination suit a few years back. tens of millions of dollars ang award. baka may hati ka dyan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy

Im a newbie here and I am very much interested to get some inputs/insights living in California. Just so happended na may job offer ako dun next year. I just want to know some answers to the following questions below that is clouding my mind...

Will 3 grands per month good enough para may mai-save at maipadala ako sa family ko d2 sa pinas?

$3,000/monthly sa California after taxes? If so, that' enough. California has the highest cost of living. Lalo na sa Northern California (San Jose area) and Southern most part like San Diego.

Apartment: $1,000
    Gas: $200 ($2.00/gal regular Cali has the most expensive gas prices in the United States)
    Food: $400.00 ($100/week, sana kasama na baon mo sa lunch)
    Car: $300 (depending on the car of your choice)
    Car Insurance: $100 (average full coverage insurance)

$2,100/monthy expenses.

That should give you an idea how your lifestyle would be. An average lunch costs $7.00 kung hindi ka magbabaon ng food.

Here's the list of apartments in California, depende sa city ang price but this should give you an idea. Mura mga apartment sa may Union City, but the Gas price and cost of living will give you a heart attack.

Equity Apartments
    Last edited by Karding; December 22nd, 2004 at 02:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Remember when planning to migrate to Canada or to other countries, nature na ng mga puti ang racism, sila pa mabaho na nga sila di nalliligo, wife nga ng pinsan ko eh puti sama ng ugali mataas ang tingin niya sa sarili niya.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie
    I have a friend their family migrated to australia only stayed for 2 years because people there are rascist (Their car was always vandalized and garage door spray painted).
    Sorry kung off topic na ako, I want to give some input about Australia, remember before Australia is a penal colony na hawak ng mga British lahat ng criminal na galing United Kingdom doon tinatapon, kaya ang mga desendant ng present day Australians na puti criminal ang kanilang mga ancestors, kawawa nga ang mga native born Aborigines the original inhabitans ng Australia talaga they were being discriminated. Just like the native American Indian sa U.S. and Canada.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy

uy congrats... titser ba ung pinasok mo?

mga tip lang ito para mas malaki ang maipadala mo sa 'pinas. ginamit ko nung mag sabbatical (a.k.a. tinamad magtrabaho) ako ng 10 months sa tate.

1. makitira ka sa kakilala. ang daming kabayan sa CA. kahit sa sofa ka lang matulog o sa garahe. sabik sa taga 'pinas ng ma taga tate. lagi ka lang tatango habang kinukwento nila kung gaano kaganda sa tate. libre na yang stay mo.

2. mag DIY ka sa tinitirhan mo bilang bayad. ang ginawa ko nagtanim ng lawn, renovate ng kitchen, insulate at paint ng whole house. kung pinagawa nila sa contractor mga $8,000 ang gastos (pina quote na nila). sa akin libre board and lodging lang at hiram ng kotse ang bayad.

3. 'wag kang kakain sa labas. bili ka lang sa grocery ng lulutuin. daming oriental store. mura ang pagkain basta hindi sa resto. pag lunch instant mami ang magandang baon sa opis.

4. mas mura kung makahiram ka ng auto pag commute to work. mahal ang public transpo at ang dalang ng biyahe. o di kaya mag bike ka kung malapit lang ang pinagtatabahuhan mo (relative ang malapit sa tate. kung distansya makati- cubao, kaya i-bike yan sa tate).

5. Isang taon lang makakaipon ka na ng pamasahe ng pamilya mo at pang down sa trailer home.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    To dannyboy

Pinoy in california tend to think higher of themselves than they are actually worth (experienced first hand by my cousin studied 4 yrs. at uc davies), as much as possible be self reliant, nothing in this world is free. research on google the area you are going to.

2000usd woud be more than enough ( anything you can do on your own, do it). Make sure you live near the main road for public transport convenience, you can get the bus schedule on the net or the public library. live as close as possible to your work place, to avoid dependence on cars.

Goodluck

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hey, no hijackin of thread
    btw GasJankie, public school = "tambakan", what do you mean?
    kasi i have a 3 & 4 yrs old son planning to enroll them there. . . or sa catholic school.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Canadian Immigration Thread [Merged]