New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Guys! Need your best advise here! Just started my trading biz, and majority of the parts that i'm going to sell are available in the US and Europe(OEM). I'm going to deal with lots of them coz iba iba yung mga parts, and this will be the first time that i'm going to deal with them. Parts and contacts can be seen thru internet and they are known companies.

My questions :
    1. What normally is the best mode of payment na safe thru this kind of transactions(Internet)? Or should i made a call coz anyway, contact numbers are available? (Medyo masakit lang sa bulsa yung overseas call).. Btw, i have already US$ account in the local bank, problema ko lang, ang laki din ng charge nila(Local bank) when i sent payment thru this bank.

2. Pwede kaya later on na humingi ako ng terms with those companies, maybe after 2 or 3 successful transactions? Kasi yung customer ko dito has 30 to 60 days terms also. In the meantime, abono muna ako..

3. How about the custom tax, pano ang computation ng tax?

4. What is the best courier na pwede gamitin? (Fedex, DHL, KWE.. etc).

Marami pa akong questions, pero ito na lang muna... Thanks mga ka tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Parts suppliers will always have dealers in asia.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    Parts suppliers will always have dealers in asia.
    Yes i agree! But the price is almost double already, specially if the manufacturers are from europe and US. That's why i prefer to buy directly from the manufacturer. My other question is ... will they sell to me or they will just forward my inquiry with their asian agent?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    most likely you'll get a reply like: "please check with our dealer in your area".

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    most likely you'll get a reply like: "please check with our dealer in your area".
    Actually ganito na nga ini expect ko... So ang choice ko na lang talaga siguro, ask my relatives in the US and send here thru parcel.. Ganito kasi yung ibang scenario... Ex. 1 sensor, OEM price US$128, Asian dealer price US$88, pero sa manufacturer, US$33 lang!!.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    pa-compute mo muna kung magkano magagastos mo o ng relatives mo for the S&H -- ang alam ko mas mura kung yung mga by sea, nga lang mas matagal. kung paisa-isa, baka makaligtas ka sa customs, pero kung bulto (e.g. 10x of item A, 15x of item B, etc., etc.)... talk to somebody in customs na lang para mas precise ang info. Then try mo compute kung magkano ang kalalabasan per item, kung far lower than yung mga dealer price na tinutukoy mo... then kikita ka. else, alam mo na kung saan nanggaling yung bulk ng discrepancy ng local dealer and us manufacturer...

or send the us manufacturer a letter of intent siguro to be their distributor or dealer...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by toinktoink View Post
    My other question is ... will they sell to me or they will just forward my inquiry with their asian agent?
    natry kona ang ganyan sir, yon nga lang sa asia sana ako kukuha ng gamit (singapore) kaso ng makausap kona ang singapore, nirefer nya me ulit sa US.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My questions :
    1. What normally is the best mode of payment na safe thru this kind of transactions(Internet)? Or should i made a call coz anyway, contact numbers are available? (Medyo masakit lang sa bulsa yung overseas call).. Btw, i have already US$ account in the local bank, problema ko lang, ang laki din ng charge nila(Local bank) when i sent payment thru this bank.

**sa transaction, we do the wire transfer - (either internet banking or fax data sa bank mo)

2. Pwede kaya later on na humingi ako ng terms with those companies, maybe after 2 or 3 successful transactions? Kasi yung customer ko dito has 30 to 60 days terms also. In the meantime, abono muna ako..

**mas madami ang cash basis sa mga US based companies lalo na bago kapalang.establish ka muna ng name mo bago ka humingi ng terms

**just to give an insight (kasi ako nag aayos din ng mga shipments namin kung konti lang.

a) duty rate = 22.25% of the invoiced item.pero nag vavary sa tariff number.makikita mo naman yong libro ng custom pag andon kana.

b) then meron pang wharfage rate na 1.01% sa invoiced item.
    c) add a & b yon na duty mo

**sigurado pakonti konti palang order kaya fedex and dhl ok yan (nextday delivery), mahal nga lang kasi kasama na duty sa singil nila

pag medyo malaki na bisnes mo, kailangan mo na ng shipper.
    bro sana makatulong yan and goodluck!!!
    Last edited by VtEC; July 26th, 2007 at 02:00 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my opinion:

Letter of credit or L/C is the safest but expensive, wire transfer is safe only on the side of the seller and cheaper - other forms of wire transfer is the WESTERN UNION money transfer.

Use this option ONLY if you trust the seller.

Yes, if you already have a transaction record they do offer credit terms...pero NOT ALL of them.

Depended sa HS CODE classification yan. Try to get this info from the bureau of customs or through import broker.

As mentioned above by the other post, these are good only for small quantity, pero minsan mas mahal pa ang shipment thru these courier services option than the product itself. Maybe you should consider the BALIK-BAYAN BOX option if from US or regular loose-cargo shipment. But the goods will arrive in about a month or two pa...lalong hahaba ang terms or abono mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buying parts overseas. What is d best way?