Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    Here's something from my son...

"I turn polar bears white and I make you cry;
    I make boys pee and girls comb their hair;
    I make celebrities look s2pid and normal people look like celebrities;
    When you squeeze me, i'll pop and if you look at me you'll pop.

Can you answer the riddle?"

Note: Survey shows that 84% of Harvard students weren't able to answer this riddle correctly but 97% of Kindergarten students were able to give the right answer.

The answer is simply TIME OR WATER.
    Reply to Note: The answer isnt pressure. Kindergarteners wouldn't think of that as an answer. Notice at the end of the riddle how there's a question, "Can you answer the riddle?". The answer to the riddle is simply "No." The reason kindergarteners beat Harvard grads is because kindergarteners are honest enough to say "No I can't answer this." The Harvard grads tried to think of some scientific explanation, but they didn't really look into the question good enough. The real answer is probably "No." Yes, there are explanations like pressure, but the maker of the riddle might not have thought about that. The reason it's called the world's hardest riddle is because people try to think of an answer more complex than the word "No."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0k0y View Post
    1. Fill-up the 5 quart bottle
    2. Transfer content of 5quart bottle to the 3 quart bottle. This leaves 2 quarts in the 5 quart bottle
    3. Empty the 3 quart bottle
    4. Transfer the 2 quarts water from the 5quarts bottle to the 3 quart bottle. (note that 3 quart bottle now contains 2 quarts of water)
    5. Fill-up 5 quart bottle again.
    6. Transfer out 1 quart of water from the 5 quart bottle into the 3 quart bottle containing 2 quarts water. Now you have 4 quarts of water in the 5 quart bottle.
    Another way to do it:
    1. Fill up the 3-quart bottle and pour it on the 5-quart bottle
    2. Full up the 3-quart bottle again and pour the water on the 5-quart bottle until its full. Note that we have 1-quart of water on the 3-quart bottle.
    3. Empty the 5-quart bottle and pour the water from the 3-quart bottle to the 5-quart bottle. Now we have 1 quart of water on the 5-quart bottle.
    4. FIll up the 3-quart bottle and pour all contents to the 5-quart bottle. Now we have (1 quart + 3 quarts = 4 quarts) on the 5-quart bottle.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    what is it that is greater than God,
    worst than the Devil!
    and if you will eat "it", you will surely die...?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    what is it that is greater than God,
    worst than the Devil!
    and if you will eat "it", you will surely die...?

Nothing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Brain twister series...