New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here is Rez's post on the changes that will take into effect the next round... isip na tayo ng strategy...

===============

First a big congratulations to all the top player's and gangs this round! Whether you believe a certain player or gang maybe didn't deserve the ending rank thats fine, thats your opinion. Me I believe in good sportsmanship and will always congratulate the winners regardless of how I believe the won or not.

Secondly a big thank you to all the uptown players who played this round, I truly hope you were entertained and had a good time (well a good time for the majority of the round anyways!). I know some of you are maybe not so happy with some of the current issues we are now facing but I really do hope that at some point in the game you did have a good time playing because thats really all I want for people when they play, just to have a good time

Time to get down to the nitty gritty about some of the hot topics and issues that surrounded this round. The issues addressed are not listed in any particular order.

-- Payback is a Bitch Friday --
    It was never done before so I figured what hell lets give it a try. In a nutshell it failed and won't be done again any time to soon. Increasing the attacks to 50 on Friday Fight Days is plenty and seems to work so for now thats the way its going to stay.

-- Gang Alliances --
    Gang Alliances is something I'm really not to fond of but realize that its almost impossible to even try and attempt a way to stop it in the game. Back, way back, in the day when gangs weren't a part of the official game chaos ruled. A person could attack another person purely for strategic purposes then from out of no where have the butts handed to them by 50 other people because the person they attacked was in some unofficial gang. Had the player known that in the beginning maybe they would of not attacked that person to begin with. When issues like that started happening with a lot of frequency it was then I started coding the gang system. Now with the gang system in place non-gang related players at least know before they attack someone that they are in a gang. It is because of this same exact scenario that I'm not to fond of Gang Alliances. A gang goes to war with another gang and then wham that gang all of a sudden is now in a war with 4 other gangs. Thus far though gang alliances haven't become that bad so for now its tolerated by myself. This though should not be confused with treaties between gangs which is fine by me, if two gangs decided they are not going to attack each other thats fine.

-- Thug Pumping --
    The hottest and most talked about issue currently in the game. Is thug pumping legal? No in my opinion its not and never has been. We went though all this a couple rounds back when dealing with market pumping, it wasn't legal then and its not legal now. Just because the "pump" aspect has moved from one system (the market) to a new system (that attacks) doesn't change that "pumping" is not something that I agree with. That the game allowed a player to pump another player via the attack system was a foresight on my part. I allowed the practice to continue this round because quite frankly it would of changed a lot of attacking rules in the middle of a round which is something I don't like to do. The main reason I didn't change things to help stop the pumping is because it would of meant a rule change that would affected a number of players that weren't attacking for pumping purposes but were attacking for revenge. So I let the round go as-is while I talked to other players, read suggestions and finally came up with a plan to help stop the pumping for next round.

* Thug experience will have a cap. The cap placed on thug experience will be obtainable by all players but will also be set high enough that you won't be able to obtain it within a couple of days. Having a thug experience system that always increases and never reaches a max is just to open for pumping. By having an XP system that has a max it will allow players who don't pump the ability to compete with those that do.

* After X amount of attacks on the same person within a 24 hour period you will no longer gain experience for those attacks. The number is an X because that number although decided upon will not be reveled to the players. So now those players that are truly on a "revenge" attack will still be able to seek revenge on a player but just not be able to gain XP after a certain number of attacks. Which if it truly is a revenge type of attack then I don't think the player will mind much

* The formula thats used to determine thugs XP will change and will be announced before the round starts

* The amount and how the XP is gained from attack will change as well and will be announced at the same time as the new thug formula above.

-- Autobuy --
    Autobuy will no longer be an option for players to control. Autobuy will be set to purchase the maximum number of thugs for your current hood level unless your cash and/or bank goes below $2000. The order in which the money will be taken to purchase thugs is:
    1) Cash
    2) Bank
    3) Gang Cash

If your not in a gang then the system will buy the max it can. It will however never leave you with less then $2000 total between your cash on hand and money in the bank. If your in a gang then the money will come out of the gang's pool money if the gang doesn't have enough to cover the purchase then the gang will be disbanded.

-- Gangs/Gang Wars --
    The minimum number of members in a gang will be increased from 2 to 5. You will have 24 hours to get your gang membership up to 5 members. If the minimum is not met then the gang will automatically be disbanded by the system.

Gangs having less then 5 members will not be able to have war declared on them.

The formula that is used to calculate the winner of the gang war will be changed. The new war formula will also be announced at a later date

I think that about covers all the major issues for now. There are a number of other items that are getting enhanced or added for next round and those will be announced at a later date.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Pwede pa natin gamitin yung ibang account natin para ipang-attack sa "main" account natin in case of gang war and we are in the losing streak to minimize the loses di'ba?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May catch dyan sa thug pumping na yan, kaya di pinagbawal. Even if our 2nd acct attacks on first 12 in-attack, dapat iba-iba ang lumabas sa logs para maging valid ang thug exp. Who knows, baka yung 2nd acct pa ang mas matigas na depensa o opensa, hehehe.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Baka hindi pansinin ni Rez yung multiple user/single IP. Bakit kamo? Multiple user....multiple $2 din yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede mo naman click yung check box sa ilalim ng application na multiple accounts ang gumagamit ng pc, alam na nya rin yun.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
BordelloBattles Round#8 has just started!