New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hello.

Maliban sa Shangri-La, saan pa kaya ok tumingin ng Brunswick and Olhausen tables? And also, maliban sa 2 ito, ano pa kayang ok na billiard table? Baka kasi masyadong mabutas wallet namin, mabuti ng may plan B. Hehe.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    try mo kay Linds.. he makes custom made cues and billiard tables.. i think my shop sya sa cubao.. sya nag su supply sa pier one and gameworkx

you can email him at info*lindscues.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    contact STAR PAPER CORPORATION, dealer sila ng BRUNSWICK table and PREDATOR CUES, AFAIK mahal sa shangri-la, plan B would be Puyat , dizon and Rommels, I wont suggest korean made tables kc sa una lang sila magandang tingnan , puro laminated sheets lang yun finishing and I think soft wood lang mga braces niya
    Last edited by fortuner13; December 10th, 2006 at 09:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    iba naman problema ko..

Where could i have my billiard table's "mantel" redone? binutas kasi ng mga baby kong pinsan..

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks for the input.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may contact kayo ng "star paper corp"?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Star Paper is your best bet for Brunswick tables. Right now they have a promo for the Metro Tables. plenty of other choices too, there's the GC IV and GC III. They're also the distributor of Predator cues here. Wag na sa BIPS Shang...mahal dun.

If budget is still a concern, go to Linds. He is a very good friend of mine. He makes and does repair work for tables and custom cues. For the budget of a Brunswick table, you can already have a good table from Linds and a good playing custom cue.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, masyadong madugo Brunswick. 200k to 350k kapag brand new, 65k to 220k kapag pre-owned. Sa Linds naman, 45k to 75k. Alam niyo saan ang Rommel at Dizon? Hindi kasi listed sa 187. Sa AMF-Puyat naman walang sumasagot.

Btw, any tips nga pala sa pagpili?

Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    in my own opinion lang, there nothing special sa gawa ng rommel's, pero yun price niya special for bnew I think 45K up, sa dizon no idea

sa pag pili,
    1) frame should be solid wood, mas maganda if kiln dried cya, pag varnish ang finish dapat polyurethane finish

2) ball should be ORIGINAL "ARAMITH BRAND" not taiwan ball, mas maganda pa if Dotted pa yun cue ball nya

3)sa table cloth naman, madami kasi klase, yun ginagamit sa international tournament is SIMONIS 860 (price for that cloth alone is 10K, hindi pa cya reversible), pag ord.cloth just check if makapal cya o manipis, you can use FLASHLIGHT to check if makapal cya o manipis

4) for rubber bumper (banda) , MASTER SUPER SPEED brand lang na try ko, ok naman cya

5) for the triangle, it should be made of wood NOT PLASTIC, plastic wont last

6) marble top should at least 3/4 thick

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swimstroke View Post
    Hehe, masyadong madugo Brunswick. 200k to 350k kapag brand new, 65k to 220k kapag pre-owned. Sa Linds naman, 45k to 75k. Alam niyo saan ang Rommel at Dizon? Hindi kasi listed sa 187. Sa AMF-Puyat naman walang sumasagot.

Btw, any tips nga pala sa pagpili?

Thanks.
    Swimstroke...tama yung mga sinabi ni Fortuner13.

Some other tips lang:

1. Master Super Speed cushions ang dapat na gamit. They're the most lively i've tried. K-66 profile dapat.

2. Simonis 860 is the cloth used in major international tournaments. Very madulas kaya you will have to adjust your cueball control for this. May madulas pa diyan...yung Simonis 760...mababaliw ka sa bilis. There are other cloth choices:

* YTT - Japan brand, recently tried this at one of the new pool bars in greenhills....very nice and just a tad slower than Simonis 860 kaya ok lang. I think their signature cloth color is blue and not green.

* Mali cloth - other kind of cloth used puyat tables, slightly thicker and slower. Eto yung solid green color cloth

* Others - di ko na alam yung iba kasi madami na. Taiwan even has fake simonis. Madulas pero di kasing dulas ng orig and madali siyang mapunit.

3. My cuemaker recommends the use of Italian slate for Orig Simonis cloth and not marble. Marble slates daw are not absolutely smooth so putting thin cloth like Simonis might affect the roll of the balls. For marble slates he recommends thick cloth.

4. Orig Aramith Balls can also be bought from Starpaper. If you have the budget, get the Aramith Pro-Cup TV Balls. It includes the Dotted cue ball, pink 4 & brown 7. Kung under budget constraint, you can just buy the dotted cue ball. When I bought the dotted cue ball eh P600 lang siya and orig pa! Just make sure that the other balls are orig aramith para pareho yung sizes at bigat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Billiard Tables