New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    very very informative! am also in the market for this because I'm planning to set-up our game room in the very near future...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    For the pool table hunters out there, here is a list of pool halls where you can try out the different tables.

Brunswick
    Starpaper (Grace Village, QC) - best pool hall in the Philippines, wherelse can you find 10 Metro tables, 5 Gold Crown IVs and 5 Gold Crown IIIs all using Aramith TV Balls. And the best part about it.......it's all FREE!!! With free drinks too. Yun nga lang by invitation siya so not all can play.

OneSide (Malate) - 6 Metro tables with lots of pool action. Dito naglalaro mga tirador.

Rack n' Roll (Malate) - May Metro din and near OneSide

SidePocket (Quezon Ave.) - 2 Metro Tables and madami din tirador.

AMF/Puyat
    Efrens Magic - AMF tables with Simonis cloth. Frequented by Vic Sotto
    Makati Cinema Square
    Coastal Mall
    Alabang Town Center
    Robinson's Galleria
    Eastwood Bowl

Linds Tables
    G-Cue Greenhills - New joint near the COD-like display, uses YTT cloth, Italian slates and TV Balls...maganda tables niya. Try the place out

Pier One (all branches)
    Ferrule (Libis)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO, brunswick are really good tables, but i would'nt buy one. i would prefer puyat or rommel slow nap tables. mas matetrain ka sa mga ganitong conditions. kaya pag nag brunswick ka or equal...mas madalai na para syo.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    IMO, brunswick are really good tables, but i would'nt buy one. i would prefer puyat or rommel slow nap tables. mas matetrain ka sa mga ganitong conditions. kaya pag nag brunswick ka or equal...mas madalai na para syo.
    Hello yuichi. That's a very good point but this is my opinion lang. Unless you have nerves of steel gained through numerous tournaments, money matches, or exposure to various pool halls (this includes the alley joints) adjusting your shot depending on the table conditions or even the kind of table itself will be a nightmare. I've seen tiradors do monster racks in slow, musty, dead rail tables but wallow upon transferring to Simonis cloth and lively rails. I think the best way is to try the different tables to highten your exposure on different table conditions and solid practice of cueball control, pocketing & position play...but that's just me

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by allenjo View Post
    * Mali cloth - other kind of cloth used puyat tables, slightly thicker and slower. Eto yung solid green color cloth
    yun MALI CLOTH ba ng puyat tables may tatak ba mismo sa cloth na 'MALI", like simonis and YTT? kc I have bought some mali cloth in binondo, sabi niya" mali" daw pero duda ako kc walang tatak sa cloth mismo, yun plastic packaging lang niya may sticker na "mali", although ok naman siya, makapal

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Zion Billiard Hall and Bar - beside Las Pinas City Hall....

:starwars:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuner13 View Post
    yun MALI CLOTH ba ng puyat tables may tatak ba mismo sa cloth na 'MALI", like simonis and YTT? kc I have bought some mali cloth in binondo, sabi niya" mali" daw pero duda ako kc walang tatak sa cloth mismo, yun plastic packaging lang niya may sticker na "mali", although ok naman siya, makapal
    As far as I know walang nakatatak na MALI yung Puyat Tables but they are orig MALI. Will get back to you kung yung cloth eh may tatak talaga. If sa ROPA Binondo ka bumili then most probably ok naman siya. They don't have Simonis though...meron sila nung Taiwan version. For Orig Simonis you can go to Star Paper. It's actually a one stop shop for the following:

Brunswick Products:
    Cues
    Tables & Accessories
    Chalk
    Balls & Cleaners
    Other Peripherals

Simonis Cloth
    Predator Cues & Accessories

Enjoy....by the way, any of you guys care to play pool!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Not really promoting Star Paper but I would just like to show you what the best pool hall in the Philippines looks like. I you really love pool, then this should be pool heaven

I took these pics during the qualifying rounds of the WPC held in Manila last November.

Here is Mad Max Eberle racking...sayang di siya nakapasok sa qualifiers.

This is the Gold Crown IV table...very nice

And this is me taking a shot with one of the Metro tables...notice it's blue (cute). Pardon for the nguso ha hehehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by allenjo View Post
    Hello yuichi. That's a very good point but this is my opinion lang. Unless you have nerves of steel gained through numerous tournaments, money matches, or exposure to various pool halls (this includes the alley joints) adjusting your shot depending on the table conditions or even the kind of table itself will be a nightmare. I've seen tiradors do monster racks in slow, musty, dead rail tables but wallow upon transferring to Simonis cloth and lively rails. I think the best way is to try the different tables to highten your exposure on different table conditions and solid practice of cueball control, pocketing & position play...but that's just me

well yes....but IMO its easier to adjust from slow nap tables with tighter pockets to brunswick fast tables. although biggest adjustments would be cue ball control .
    i use to play in an old custom-made table that we have at home with standard pocket size, slow nap clothe and dead rails. so everytime i play in poolhalls with fast nap tables and relativley same pockets..its just like playing "jolens" to me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    magkakano nga ba mga mesa ngayon?
    1.brunswick
    2.amf
    3.olhausen
    4 etc....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Billiard Tables