New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    178
    #91
    Bristol and Jarman since they can be resoled by the manufacturer any other brands that offer that? Just interested since only these are the only two brands that I have come across that do locally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,585
    #92
    Glenmore shoes has stopped selling shoes.
    Bristol naman is too expensive at 4k with their limited designs and sizes.

    Will try Sapatero manila.
    You guys know how much they charge for a pair?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I had those Cole Haans with the Nike Air soles and the adhesives failed in less than 2 years.

    Rockports with the Adiprene soles are very light and quite sturdy. I have used Rockports and Bass shoes in the US, both brands can deal with the demands of changing seasons. They are comfortable enough during the warm summer season and insulated enough for freezing temperatures during winter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. I used Rockports before and they really lasted long.

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,001
    #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Googled Allen Edmonds, maganda nga review.

    Allen Edmonds: Nearly 100 Years of Fine Shoemaking
    One of the last great American shoemakers, Allen Edmonds has been in business since 1922. The company has developed a cult following since then, thanks in part to the 212-step production process that goes into making each pair of shoes. Invented by the company’s founders, Elbert W. Allen and Bill “Pops” Edmonds, the process combines unrivaled materials with the tried-and-true Goodyear welt, which allows the shoes to be resoled time and time again. The resulting shoes are so well regarded that presidents Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W Bush all wore Allen Edmonds to their inaugurations.
    Wow what an endorsement list hehe. Saw the display in Rustan's and was wondering why they were so pricey.

    I'm glad I don't have much use for nice shoes. Ok na ako sa Rockport.

    *Cathy
    May issue lang with the black leather Rockports for ladies. Naghahawa yung black color sa paa. Have you experienced this?

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,934
    #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Wow what an endorsement list hehe. Saw the display in Rustan's and was wondering why they were so pricey.

    I'm glad I don't have much use for nice shoes. Ok na ako sa Rockport.

    *Cathy
    May issue lang with the black leather Rockports for ladies. Naghahawa yung black color sa paa. Have you experienced this?
    Never happened to me. Though my last Rockport was over a decade ago Best leather shoes for office use

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,490
    #96
    right now, i'm into adidas office wear.
    stan smith black and gazelle black.
    "napaka-tibay!"

    my rockports are... nasa tabi-tabi lang muna.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9
    #97
    Allen Edmonds is the #1 choice in most English language gentlemen's fora. Although a bit pricey, it is actually equal (or better) in quality to shoes worth twice its price (e.g. Italian designers). And also remember that it is recraftable so you can use the same shoes up to 30+ years. In the end, it'll end up cheaper per use than a regular cemented (glued) pair of shoes (most Rockports, Clark's, etc.).

    My first pair (AE Rogue in Dark Chilli) were comfy from the very first time I wore them. They are true to size.

    Other choices: Johnston & Murphy and Alden. European designer shoes look good but IMHO you can get almost the same quality with these US brands for less $$$.

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    178
    #98
    Quote Originally Posted by econocar View Post
    Allen Edmonds is the #1 choice in most English language gentlemen's fora. Although a bit pricey, it is actually equal (or better) in quality to shoes worth twice its price (e.g. Italian designers). And also remember that it is recraftable so you can use the same shoes up to 30+ years. In the end, it'll end up cheaper per use than a regular cemented (glued) pair of shoes (most Rockports, Clark's, etc.).

    My first pair (AE Rogue in Dark Chilli) were comfy from the very first time I wore them. They are true to size.

    Other choices: Johnston & Murphy and Alden. European designer shoes look good but IMHO you can get almost the same quality with these US brands for less $$$.
    How much do Allen Edmonds go for locally? And where do they have a good selection?

    AE or an expensive custom made pair from somewhere like Sapatero?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #99
    Quote Originally Posted by MamBad View Post
    How much do Allen Edmonds go for locally? And where do they have a good selection?

    AE or an expensive custom made pair from somewhere like Sapatero?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Around 18K to 25K++ if memory serves me well (this is at Rustans).

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,653
    #100
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Around 18K to 25K++ if memory serves me well (this is at Rustans).
    Whooaa!!! 20k for the Allen Edmonds!!!

    I will use the 5k of that to buy a pair of Rockports or Florsheim, buy myself a nice Seiko or Orient automatic watch, play a round of golf, bring my wife to a fancy restaurant, and still have some change left for gas money.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Best leather shoes for office use