New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by b1rken5tock View Post
    at baka mapasma daw...

Totoo ba ito o just another old wives tale / alibi para pag katapos mamalantsa e libre na sa pagluluto?..
    its an old wives tale.

treatment pa nga ang contrast baths for circulatory problems.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    Dami nalang paniniwala na hindi kayang i prove ng mga Doctor... hindi sila na niniwala sa Kulam.. sa usog or balis pero daming filipino na natatakot don hehehehe
    here;s another thing...the 2 times i gave birth...my OB instructed me to sit on an arinola with pinakuluang bayabas....(steam)...and the pag medyo lukewarm na yung temp nung tubig ng pinakuluang bayabas.i'll use it as wash..i did..and my wound healed faster.....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    here;s another thing...the 2 times i gave birth...my OB instructed me to sit on an arinola with pinakuluang bayabas....(steam)...and the pag medyo lukewarm na yung temp nung tubig ng pinakuluang bayabas.i'll use it as wash..i did..and my wound healed faster.....
    Ganyan din pinagawa sakin ng tinuli ako hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I was still in college, I always see the varsity players taking cold showers right after their practice/game. Walang hot shower dun sa gym. Buhay pa naman sila ngayon and still playing sa PBA

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    boiled bayabas leaves - subok na yan for centuries.

kaya nga walang mawawala, subukan nyo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yun dahon ng bayabas kaa-moy ng putok ng kaklase ko ng elementary

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Meron pa ngang mga spa na you will dip into a near freezing water then to a very hot tub, back and forth yan. Kung totoo yang pasma, baka maging human vibrator ka na :bwahaha:
    :rofl:

you just gave me one great idea ... :naughty2:

:bottom:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    mga peeps para malaman talaga e dapat mag doe ang mga tsikoteers.

experimetal group #1 - mamalantsa ng 3 hours every other day then ligo agad pagkatapos. dapat tap water na galing sa gripo. then, record yung mga nararamdaman kung meron man.

experimental group #2 - ligo, toothbrush, hugas pwet mga bata, etc muna. mamalantsa ng 3 hours tapos pahinga o kaya matulog...he he. then, record kung ano feeling.

malalaman natin na siguro kung totoo nga ba ang pasma o hindi.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    anyway, ang experience ko ay magpintura ng buong araw sa bahay at hindi ko maiwasan na maghugas pagkatapos. e maya maya masakit ang kamay ko at mga laman laman sa arm ko pero nawala din naman nung nakatulog na. i was advise to use kerosine. ilagay daw sa malinis na tela tapos yung ang ipahid sa kamay para malinis ang kamay sa mga pintura. he he ... di nga sumasakit ang laman laman ng arm ko at madali pa natanggal mga pintura sa kamay ko.

i don't know if yung pananakit can be called pasma or just a natural thing.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hahaha, nakakatuwa ng mga posts nyo. actually may explainations ako sa lahat pero andami nyo na napoint out.

kerosene: after painting pagod, kerosene on skin over hands and wrist or wherever warms that area locally in turn relaxes the muscles pero, kerosene is toxic sa skin just as gasoline is and masama dun ung fumes sa katawan.

pasma thing is d naman talga totoo, pero i think muscle strains is the english word closest to it. wlang pasma sa medical world.

walking on cold floor causes arthritis, di totoo yan. arthritis is caused more by nutrition, physical exertions, postures, bacterial/viral infection, rather than the cold floor. pero with age, lahat tau is prone to arthritis gawa ng wear and tear sa joints natin (parang door hinge). the only diff is that sa iba naalagaan nila mga joints nila through proper nutrition, posture, and avoiding overstraining the joints.

hot to cold thing is on case to case basis. cold shower after sports, hot to cold and vice versa at spas etc, and doing plancha then wet hands and arms are different from each other in terms of physiology.

isa isa natin ha....

sa sports, pagod muscles mo but dahil sa strenous activity mainit katawan mo so a cold shower is beneficial than a hot one para mabawasan ang init ng katawan. but this should be a brief shower lang d ung 30 to 1hr shower mga up to 15 mins pede un. being hot and adding heat (hot shower) is not good to the body esp na kaya ka nagpapawis to let the heat out of ur body. this is contrary to popular belif na marerelax ka with a hot shower.... which brings us to the ironing.

dito sa ironing pwede ang warm bath, to relax the strained muscles. sa ironing, your muscles get tired without producing too much heat, strained xa. so if you take a warm bath, u relax ur muscles by provided external heat that will help increase blood circulation to relieve the muscles of excess lactic acid (which tires the muscle).

now with the spa thing, iba naman dito... kc u go in there to relax. more or less ur body's (muscle) condition is neither too bad nor too good... baga sa tubig maligamgam ang status mo. so, the body is able to easily compensate between dissapating too much heat or compensating for too much heat loss. but in anycase, u dont got hot to cold and cold to hot over and over repetitively at a time, mamatay ka nun! exag na un! the way they go is just once, from hot to cold or cold to hot. pero! hot to cold is the right way to go not cold to hot. mahabang explain pa ito e to go deeper into physiology details... kelangan nyo pa ba malaman to?

eto brief idea nalng... at spa situation ha, hot will relax ur body and increase circulation... body absorbs heat - not normal... body will compensate to dissapate the excess unneeded heat... pawis ka... after a specific time range lang, u go out to cool down... usually shower, relieve the excess heat accumulated by the body... this normalizes the body... then u go to the rub down to further relax and aid better blood circulation in the body. this is the scenario, kaya ok lang ung hot to cold sa spa.

this is the simplest explaination i can cook up, pagtyagaan nyo na. hehehe

ay btw, ung sa bayabas... muntik ko na nakalimutan. guava plants are high in Ca and Vit K-like substances that helps healing of wounds. locally, the concoction/extract of the guava leaves, young stems, and shoots are sufficiently high in those 2 components that they help to control bleeding and start the healing process. the extract/concoction also has antibacterial action that prevents infections that will delay healing. kaya yan! u have a faster route to recovery.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Bawal maligo/humawak ng Tubig pagkatapos Mamalantsa ng Damit..