New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This is good. Pero maraming pasaway sa atin. Siguradong may magba-violate pa rin. And also, ma-implement kaya nang maayos ito? Maging source na naman ito ng corruption.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=68

25 Mar 2009

MANILA, Philippines - Motorists will soon be prohibited from using their cellular phones while driving.

The House committee on transportation has decided to consolidate and endorse two bills seeking a ban on the use of mobile phones by motorists while on the road.

Pampanga Rep. Aurelio Gonzales Jr. is the author of Bill 1625, while Representatives Irwin Tieng, Rene Velarde and Ma. Carissa Coscolluela of the party-list group Buhay introduced Bill 4917.

Both measures seek to prohibit the use of mobile phones for making, receiving or sending calls or text messages while driving.

Gonzales said although several local government units have enacted ordinances banning mobile phone use while driving, there is a need to impose such prohibition on a nationwide scale to protect life, limb and property.

He said motorists are more likely to be involved in accidents if they are using cellular phones while in transit than those who are not.

Citing studies, Tieng and his Buhay colleagues said motorists using phones are in fact four times as likely to get into crashes serious enough to injure themselves, their passengers and pedestrians as well.

They said many of the vehicular accidents that happen in Metro Manila involve motorists making, receiving or sending calls or text messages on their mobile phones.

“Using a cell phone while driving is analogous to driving while drunk,” they said.

They pointed out that in many countries, mobile phone use is banned while driving.

These countries include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Chile, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Taiwan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, South Korea, and the United Kingdom.

Under the consolidated bill, the Metro Manila Development Authority will enforce the ban on the use of mobile phones while driving, while Philippine National Police would be the enforcement agency outside the metropolis.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pano naman pag heavily tinted?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i fully support this. . .i don't want to end up a chance victim of a nincompoop who thinks he/she is capable of multitasking. . .if we must receive/make a call/text while driving, pull over on the road side to do it. . .let's all be responsible enough not to even give a chance accidents from happening. . .let's think of the people inside our car; let's think of people inside the other cars

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    implementation will be the killer .. not too optimistic about this going futher than the initial political grandstanding .. if you need a law to implement stuff supposedly common sense, chances are people will ignore it thinking that they have better sense and above average driving skills ..

yung ban nila yung tumatawid sa kalye na nag-te-text ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, this is a waste of time. Why? Its because there are two bills which does the same thing. The whole thing is a waste of public money. The problem is not the laws but enforcement of the existing laws we already have.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    alam ko meron na nito dati ah! asan na yun pagiimplement nito? pero kung saka-sakali, eh pabor ako dito sa law na eto. i myself do this at aminado ako, napakahirap mawala ang focus sa driving lalo na sa congested roads

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pano pag may handsfree gadget?? bawal pa din??

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    magandang batas ito pero malabo ma-implement ng tama, kung tututukan ng mga enforcers ang bawat driver sa loob ng tinted na sasakyan eh malamang masagasaan pa sila

IMO disiplina sa sarili lang remedyo dito, kahit ibawal kung gagawin tuloy tuloy pa rin. mahirap ding mapatunayang nagte-text while driving at nabangga pwera na lang kung hawak pa rin ang cellphone niya

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa Singapore, kung meron kang handsfree gadget or yung headphone, pwede ka mag-drive while using your cellphone. Ngayon kung wala, you have to pull-over, para i-receive yung call sa cellphone mo, to avoid penalties or being caught by the police.

Pero iba ang Singapore compared sa atin. Sa EDSA lang di kakayanin ng MMDA na i-check lahat yung violators dahil sa volume ng traffic na dumaraan diyan daily.

Pero may solusyon diyan eh. Kung di makayanang bumili ng mga "gadgets", gayahin na lang yung labas nung Nokia na "hands-free", yung naka-strap sa ulo ng caller.......(joke po )

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    walang problema kung "call" lang kahit di hands free kasi no need namang tingnan pa. ang malaking problema yung walang humpay na kate-text dito sa tin while driving.

dito naman tayo bilib sa mga PUJ kayang kaya magsukli ng tama mga manual pa gamit hehe yun nga lang talagang sagabal sa kalye
    Last edited by XTO; March 25th, 2009 at 02:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Banned soon: Cellphone use while driving