New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. does anybody know which bank offers the best rates for dollar savings accounts ? .. i'm just talking about a few thousand bucks ..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sa BPI.. Get there Global Fund.. Ok ang rate.

If your after high interest rates put it in a time deposit. AFAIK the best rates for time deposit in local banks are around 1++% while time deposit rates are around 2.5%. Inquire with BDO and CBC, from our experience ok naman rates nila

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    HSBC. rates may not be that competitive but at least you know its a very stable banking institution

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if u know the bank manager u'll get slightly higher rates..RCBC gives me 2.6++% on my DTD.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    kame naka time deposit sa PSBAnk for one year 7% per annum. sa Security bank 5% lang. i don't know sa ibang banks.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If you are looking to earn money, a savings account or time deposit will give low interest, way below the inflation rate. Of course, taking into account the currency, you are protected in a way, if you spend it here.

There are other investment alternatives for your US$, like dollar denominated insurance, dollar mutual funds, and the riskier kind like foreign exchange trading.

As always, the higher the possible return the higher the risk. It's how much you can take and how much you're willing to lose.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. i opened a $ account in BPI for no reason at all other than siya yung pinaka-malapit na banko sa amin at ayoko nasa drawer lang yung pera .. i don't even have any idea what their rates are .. ngayon na medyo nahimasmasan na ako .. ngayon pa lang ako nag-re-research ..

ok yung 7% mo tsinita .. pero baka naman ang laki kasi ng deposito ninyo ..

not looking into investments (yet) .. but thanks for the info wildthing ..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang laki yata ng 7% for a US dollar denominated TD? not even the 91 days Tbills yields that much,

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Malamang for peso yan 7% rate... Dollar rate usually at around 3 to 4% only..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
which bank to save $$ ?