New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ...pero syempre the best is magkapera na hindi kelangan magtrabaho.

hehe
    Yan pwede ko gawin... ang tanga ko naman, di ko ginagawa...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I think it is of course great to think for our childrens future..but then again..all we really should or must do is to provide them a good foundation, sufficient education, self esteem, good moral values and a positive outlook in life. Let them live their own dreams and fight their own battles.

In times where I face uncertainties like this..I just read this very short prayer
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05 View Post
    ... whats the future of our kids here in Pinas? their future is what we, their parents, make it.
    The family home is the first and last stronghold for survival and progress. But let me share a painful thought -- ie, that social evils begin at home as well. There's something about the way pinoy kids are raised that IMO contributes to the culture of graft and corruption, whether in government or NG/private sector - and that includes "civil society". There's something wrong in the way we motivate them.
    Quite often, pinoy kids are bribed by parents to do their duties.

For example: "Do your homework and you get a prize." This may look trivial, but it is a seriously flawed approach to motivation. We should not give special rewards (or something perceived as special) to our kids for doing what they should be doing anyway - because it is a DUTY. The performance of ordinary duties should be subject to ordinary compensation, not extraordinary reward.

Special rewards are rather given only when they act BEYOND the call of duty. Otherwise, we're telling them that they don't need to do their duty unless there's something in it for them. The future will indeed be bleak if we perpetuate the culture of "what's-in-it-for-me".

Another example: A cop is given a special merit for returning a valuable item, and he is hailed as an "honest cop" - as though honesty were something extraordinary. WTF is so extraordinary about that? What's so heroic about that, when he is expected to return it anyway, right? Let's not send wrong signals to our kids and public servants. What we should rather do is to make sure they receive commensurate acknowledgement aka "just compensation" for doing their ordinary duties with excellence.

Here's a question that's still on topic:
    Should the pursuit of excellence be considered an ordinary duty or not?
    Last edited by dprox; November 24th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05 View Post
    whats the future of our kids here in Pinas? their future is what we, their parents, make it.
    +1

best response so far.

dagdag ko lang: napansin niyo ba ang nangyayaring phenomenon sa ating lipunan? ang mga taong-grasa, gumagawa na ng mga batang-grasa. may mga bagong generation na ng taong-grasa na possibly, mas matindi ang values system compared to the generation that spawned them. nakikita natin sila. naglalakad sa kalye na bumabanat ng rugby.

dagdag ko pa: pangit ba talaga ang peace and order sa pinas? i remember that time na may sniper sa US that was shooting victims indiscriminately. matindi-tindi din yun. kanya kanya lang yan i suppose.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the point of view of survival of the fittest... mas gusgustuhin ko na mas marami sa mga pinoy ang madismaya sa buhay dito at isipin o di kaya'y gawin ang pagmammigrate sa ibang bansa.

sa ganung paraan, luluwag ang kompetensya sa mga anak ko dito in the future, kasi lahat na halos ay umalis na

constructively speaking, malaki pa ang ii-unlad ng pinas... if you haven't gone into the "insides" of Batangas, Cavite and even Pampanga.... ang "luwag" pa ng area na pedeng idevelop for food production and shelter construction.

most kasi ng pinoy gusto nasa siyudad lang kaya akala nila eh ang sikip-sikip na ng pinas and better off to migrate.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    ...dagdag ko pa: pangit ba talaga ang peace and order sa pinas? i remember that time na may sniper sa US that was shooting victims indiscriminately. matindi-tindi din yun. kanya kanya lang yan i suppose.
    Hihihi... sniper TEAM nga e, late 40s vet + teenaged spotter/apprentice. :bwahaha: Now that's so perverse...
    Last edited by Flagg; November 24th, 2007 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Para di magalit si shadow sakin... hihihi

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    i agree with the general consensus so far: the future of our children starts in our home. the condition of our country may affect but will not ultimately determine their future.

how we train our kids, how we mold them, how we equip them will play a vital role in their future success wherever they maybe. ever asked the question why is it that some people are successful and others are not? if you look deeper in the lives of these people you will see that they think differently, they have a different set of attitudes. their attitude and thinking defines their work habits, their priorities, their goals.

i've had the opportunity of working for a well known businessman. in my 2 years of working for his company reporting directly to him, i was given a glimpse of how successful people thinks. they are always positive, they are goal oriented, they have a can do attitude, they think of solutions not problems.

he said as much as he was educated abroad, he does not attribute his success in it. he said he owes it to his father and mother who, at an early age taught him the things he needed to be successful, as mentioned above.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Two years ago, when my wife and I decided to work and migrate to the States. Philippines politics is one of the factor kung bakit kami umalis sa atin...Btw, going two years pa lang kami dito sa Southern California. so bagong-bago pa lang kami dito,,,sa nakikita ko,,maganda ang future ng 3 anak namin dito,,,lalo pa't maayos ang quality ng education nila dito compare sa atin.pero ang pag papalaki sa 3 anak namin,,,na sasa amin pa ring magulang...gagabayin pa rin namin sila sa kulturang pinoy,,,..basta ang turo ko lang sa mga bata,,lahat ng good points sa pilipinas ay dapat e maintain ,,,lahat ng bad points sa pinas,,kalimutan na ito,,,ganun din dito sa amerika,,

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post

since na nabanggit mo and i quote i guess yan ang hinahanap kung responds so far. admittedly your words make me strongerr kahit papano. the big question now is how! how to stand up and make a difference. (huuuwww big move parang sine ah)
    Nasagot na ng iba kung paano po tayo makakatulong sa paggawa ng mabuting kinabukasan para sa mga bata.

Tanung ko lang po. Maganda po ba makita ng isang bata ang magulang na sumuko? O umalis lang para sa mga maka-materiyalismong dahilan? Tulad po ng mga duktor dito na bumibigay at umaalis para sa kumikinang na dolyar habang namamatay ang bansa? Maganda po bang ugali yun na ipakita sa mga bata? Di ba mas maganda po na makita nila na lumaban tayo para sa isang magandang kinabukasan para sa bansa nila?

Ask ko lang po...kung medyo mahirap susuko ba kayo o lalakas ang loob niyo?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    6shooter,

parang rhetorical ata question mo. pero eto opinion ko dyan.

I have long given up trying to convince friends not to leave the country. sabi ko sa kanila "our country needs all the help we can get." kaso umaalis pa rin sila. its a personal thing e. so there is nothing much anyone can do abt it. but i also have friends who studied abroad, resisted the temptation and came back.

i think its really all about the kind of life you want. i believe that most of us here are well-educated (may internet connection tayo dba?) and can find good jobs that can provide the basic things for us and our families, some of sort of roof over our heads, three meals a day, clothes, maybe even good schools for our kids, cars, malling paminsan-minsan.

so the question is "WHY LEAVE PA?"

it all boils down to this: sa US siguro naka BMW or SUV na ako. dito sa pinas, lancer lang or kaya honda, 2nd hand pa. so saan na ako? for me, give me the 2nd hand car, at least i know im trying to help my country and at the same time provide a good environment to raise my kids. im not saying bulok ang kulture sa US. tama sinabi ng iba dito, nasa parents talaga yun. pero personal choice pa rin.

in the end, is not so much the things we can give our kids, its about the values and attitudes that we implant in them that to me are more important. its not the material things, its not what we can put in their stomachs (although we really have to put something there), its what we put in their minds and their hearts that matter.

between feeding my kids tuyo but trying to teach them the right values and feeding my kids steak pero bulok naman ang values na tinuturo natin, san tayo diba?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Anong future ng mga anak natin in store dito sa pinas?