New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gretzky, GMA doesn't give a rat's a$$ what happens to Angelo. She doesn't care what the people wants either. She rescued Angelo to save her presidency. Nasa hotseat na si GMA, tagilid ang presidency niya, with her opposition waiting for the right moment to strike. Beheading Angelo can fuel that riot FPJ camp can capitalize. The Angelo situation is just a propaganda GMA needed to build up her approval rating. Now, she looks like a savior and all these simple minded masses just bought it. Of all the nation with citizens that got kidnapped in Iraq, we're the only one who gave in. This is why pinas is a 3rd world country. It thinks like a third world.
    Last edited by jolog1; July 22nd, 2004 at 09:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Just thinking we all know now what happens after the Philippines backs their troops out, what if...

GMA does not pull out our troops and Angelo gets his head lopped off?

The result could be more rallies, coup attempt, more reason for insurgents to place blame on government. The country might end up twice as worse.

The Iraq invasion/ reconstruction has its consequences 900 US troops killed, countless civilians dead (whoose keeping track?) and fighting has escalated recently. How do you help a nation who does not want to be helped. While I agree that the invasion has it's merits the timing is off. US also has their own people who want troops pulled out.

While my personal opinion is not to give in, I would think that both decisions will have negative impact.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    This is a very sensitive issue that I even have second thoughts of writing my opinion. This is actually an issue that probably have been discussed just anywhere I go. This thread has been modest about the things they write. Sa mga ibang threads and websites, nagmumurahan na silang lahat with all the slurs and name-calling. As in, nagiging emotional na talaga lahat. Nag-pepersonalan, nambabastos na talaga.

Anyway, I really beleive that both sides have expressed their points fully and presented effectively all their arguments. This is an issue that would not be easy to tackle on.

There isn't any easy straight answer to the matter but I'm sure that there will be a repercussion to the decision. I'm not saying anything in particular but I think the Filipino People should prepare for that! I think naman kaya ng mga Pinoy to handle that!

Let's just wait and see in the coming months! I hope naman hindi lalong papahirapan ng international community ang Pilipinas kasi sobra na ang hirap eh! I hope other countries will still continue to support the Philippine Government's decision.

Yan lang po ang aking masabi! I'm not saying who's side I'm on! Peace sa inyong lahat!
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; July 23rd, 2004 at 10:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ANG BABAW TALAGA NG PILIPINO!!!

KAYA PINAGLALARUAN LANG TAYO NG IBANG MGA POLITIKO!!!

para bang bayani si Angelo nung dumating siya dito!!! may kung ano ano pang mga fiesta, donation, scholarship, etc na nakuha. e ano bang naitulong ni Angelo sa ating bayan? at mabait pa raw ang mga nag kidnap sa kanya!!! ipakita nyo nga kung paano ginilitan yung Koreano at Amerikano!!!

e paano naman yung iba nating kababayan na nagtratrabaho rin sa ibang bansa? paano yung mga nabibitay sa Saudi Arabia? paano yung mga namatay tulad ni Flor Contemplacion? paano yung mga inaabuso sa HK na wala naman tayong pakielam?

sa totoo lang, tama si jolog. kung si GMA lang ang tatanungin, hindi yan mag pupull-out ng troops. kaso itong mga pulitiko kasi natin gustong palalain ang sitwasyon. tayo naman masyadong apektado dahil kapanonood ng mga drama at soap opera.

ngayon, mas lalong tumapang ang mga militanteng grupo doon. anim ngayon ang dinukot sabay sabay. wala na ba tayong pakielam sa kanila?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ako basta happy sa decision ni GMA. She is a woman of faith and she made the right move. It is easy for some people to say that she doesnt give an ass for what happened to Angelo,.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all that effort for one life? how about these HARD FACTS... i hope Filipinos will wake up from their Angelo dela Cruz telenovela!!!

Startling Statistics:
    According to Migrante-International, 42 OFWs are awaiting beheading in
    the Middle East, while 36 are facing the death penality in Saudia Arabia and six in Malaysia. Thousands of OFWs are also stranded in Saudi Arabia, 44 domestic helpers in Hong Kong were ***ually assaulted
    and six OFWs arrive everyday in coffins, most of which are mysterious
    death cases.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    ANG BABAW TALAGA NG PILIPINO!!!

KAYA PINAGLALARUAN LANG TAYO NG IBANG MGA POLITIKO!!!

para bang bayani si Angelo nung dumating siya dito!!! may kung ano ano pang mga fiesta, donation, scholarship, etc na nakuha. e ano bang naitulong ni Angelo sa ating bayan? at mabait pa raw ang mga nag kidnap sa kanya!!! ipakita nyo nga kung paano ginilitan yung Koreano at Amerikano!!!

e paano naman yung iba nating kababayan na nagtratrabaho rin sa ibang bansa? paano yung mga nabibitay sa Saudi Arabia? paano yung mga namatay tulad ni Flor Contemplacion? paano yung mga inaabuso sa HK na wala naman tayong pakielam?

sa totoo lang, tama si jolog. kung si GMA lang ang tatanungin, hindi yan mag pupull-out ng troops. kaso itong mga pulitiko kasi natin gustong palalain ang sitwasyon. tayo naman masyadong apektado dahil kapanonood ng mga drama at soap opera.

ngayon, mas lalong tumapang ang mga militanteng grupo doon. anim ngayon ang dinukot sabay sabay. wala na ba tayong pakielam sa kanila?
    So agree... Releasing de la Cruz shouldn't be an option if her job isn't on the line. Just like a child who knows how to get away from a wrong doing the first time, he'll do it again and again.

Fine, narelease na, yehey for some people, boo for thousands of workers.

Treating de la Cruz as a HERO??? F**K that... what has he done other than beg for his life like a sissy without thinking the downside of releasing him. Clearly shows the lack of concern for the rest of the OFWs around the world...

House and Lot? Scholarship?

Nampuch... san nangaling ang budget for that??? I'm not paying my taxes to give freebies to people who voluntarily agreed to work in a hazardous country!!!

Kung ganun, next time na may Phil troop na dineploy sa high-kidnap risk country, magsisipuntahan na tayo lahat, pa kidnap tayo, then bibigay ang gobyerno...

MAY HOUSE AND LOT AT LIBRE NA PAARAL SA MGA ANAK MO!

How stupid is this!!????

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    wala pa rin pagbabago ang gov't natin.(pogi points)..tsk,tsk...mahilig pa rin makisawsaw ang mga politiko sa mga walang kuwentang bagay!!(ang kakapal talaga)..

kailan daw lalabas ang pelikula ni Angelo?....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    4 Filipinos have been killed in Iraq so far and 3 Filipino soldiers wounded last month. Where's the rally? Where's their heroes welcome? Their free house & lot? Their free child scholarship fund? Their made-to-movie deals?

Ridiculous.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tapos ang dami pang anak 8, imagine yun youngest is 2 or 3 yrs old....geez.....

Angelo dela Cruz (Merged threads)