New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is this true ba that diplomats are immune to our road rules?

Recently kasi I saw a black 300C witn 1000 as its plate, cross thru a red light in Ayala nearly bumping into two cars. Just this morning, I saw a brown Jeep with plate 2307, made a daring U-turn on an intersection that has a no U-turn sign on it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes! I believe so....I think there is a case in the states wherein one diplomat hit and killed a pedestrian while driving intoxicated and hinde nakulongna deport lang siya...

and that car you saw was the ambassador....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    imo they must also follow the rules and regulation, they arent exempted to abide by the law as we are all equal, they may be ambassador but they wouldnt be there if not for the common people.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wala tayo magawa ganyan sinet ng mga mambabatas natin eh. Kahit sa gitna pa ng EDSA sila magpark walang huli. Kahit sa Makati pa yan

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    AFAIK po, ang may diplomatic immunity ay ang DRIVER at hindi ang sasakyan. The embassies use local drivers also and if they violate laws and such, I believe they are not immune.

As for the diplomats themselves, yes, I believe they cannot go to jail -- just as our diplomats in other countries can not. Pero if they have a violation and/or commit a crime, puwede silang i-boot out of the country by being declared persona non-grata.

Unfortunately, extremely few of our enforcers know this -- let alone bother going through the process of booting out scalawag diplomats. Unless malakas din ang makabangga nila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    they may be ambassador but they wouldnt be there if not for the common people.
    Aren't diplomats appointed to their posts by their respective heads of state, not elected by the people?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hahaha, reminds me of Peter Griffin. "[SIZE=4][/SIZE]can't touch this[SIZE=4][/SIZE]"
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    OT: ano ba ang mga diplomats?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jundogg View Post
    OT: ano ba ang mga diplomats?
    Diplomats by the word itself means anyone involved in diplomacy, or the conducting negotiations between representatives of nations.

but even if they are diplomats, they should follow the rules and regulations of our country.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sorry noob question talaga:
    still i dont get it. are they part of the US Embassy?
    why are they here at puro foreigners lang ba sila?
    bakit ang dami yata nila nagkalat dito sa pinas. nag migrate narin yata pati buong pamilya.

dami ko kasi nakikitang tsikot ng diplomat lalo na bandang ayala-forbes park. kadalasan naman, pinoy rin ang may dala, another style din ba ito para mkalusot sa traffic violations?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Diplomatic Immunity