New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jundogg View Post
    sorry noob question talaga:
    still i dont get it. are they part of the US Embassy?
    why are they here at puro foreigners lang ba sila?
    bakit ang dami yata nila nagkalat dito sa pinas. nag migrate narin yata pati buong pamilya.

dami ko kasi nakikitang tsikot ng diplomat lalo na bandang ayala-forbes park. kadalasan naman, pinoy rin ang may dala, another style din ba ito para mkalusot sa traffic violations?
    ndi lang po diplomats and their offices ang iniisyuhan ng diplomatic plates. international and multi-govt organizations under a treaty (like ADB, IRRI, etc.) may also have these plates kasi they are serving not only our country but also other countries.

at dahil sa karamihan sa empleyado nitong offices na ito ay pinoy, madami ka pinoy na makikitang nagdrive ng diplomatic plated vehicles. dati sa ganyan ako nagwork and na try na namin mag U-turn sa bawal in front of an MMDA enforcer and pinara kami. tinuro lang namin plaka namin then kaway lang siya sa amin

pero ndi ito ego trip. meron kasi kami foreigner na bisita na susunduin sa airport eh mejo late na kami kaya ganun hehehe. tapos sa airport, abot ako hanggang sa immigration dun ka kaloobv looban

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yun nga minsan nakakainis. Hindi naman yung kotse ang may immunity pero hindi alam nung enforcers.

Eh mas madalas na HINDI diplomat yung nagda drive drive ng diplo plate vehicles. I myself was hit by one of these when I was a newbie driver. Binangga ako at sabi siya na daw magpapagawa -- alam ko naman na walang immunity yung sasakyan eh. Ang problema nung tinatawagan ko na, pinagtataguan na ko!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ndi ko maintindihan yung term "walang immunity yung kotse".... if that's the case, can you sue the car. definitely not. but you cant sue the person with immunity either. what i'm not sure is if the immunity is transferable to the drivers of the diplomats. wala naman sigrong diplomat na nag drive ng sarili around metro manila di ba?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Level 5 lang ang immune sa M16...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    ndi ko maintindihan yung term "walang immunity yung kotse".... if that's the case, can you sue the car. definitely not. but you cant sue the person with immunity either. what i'm not sure is if the immunity is transferable to the drivers of the diplomats. wala naman sigrong diplomat na nag drive ng sarili around metro manila di ba?

Bale po yung diplo immunity pertains to immunity from ARREST of a PERSON. Technically, if you arrest the vehicle (impound), you are not in violation of it. (Pero siyempre kung nakasakay yung ambassador, the COURTESY clause supposedly comes in) Apparently, the same goes for TVR's!

Since there are various 'classes' of diplomatic immunity, it is not likely to be tranferrable to a driver -- unless said driver has another, higher job -- and specially not to a local one.

Wikipedia is quite vague on the subject but I found one that is more useful. It only pertains to the US of A but since the agreements are based on convention, it is roughly applicable to most countries.

http://www.calea.org/online/newslett...c_immunity.htm

Ang problema, how do you explain such a complex principle to a traffic enforcement group a huge chunk of whom have been found unqualified -- by their own bosses (and motorists)!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations sez:

"Article 38 (2). Other members of the staff of the mission and private servants who are nationals of or permanently resident in the receiving State shall enjoy privileges and immunities only to the extent admitted by the receiving State. However, the receiving State must exercise its jurisdiction over those persons in such a manner as not to interfere unduly with the performance of the functions of the mission."

in general, i guess the pinoy drivers are not immune to traffic rules unless they are performing duties in connection to their "work" as members of the diplomatic household

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Diplomatic Immunity