New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    17
    #1
    i'm about to change engine oil of the mini...
    i have MOTUL oils on stock but somebody advised me to use engine oil specified for motorcycles--straight 40 daw since the clutch is integrated..
    can anyone recommend specific oils used for mini?
    i was hoping i could use the esther based MOTUL hTech100 fully synthetic SAE10W40 kaso mas maganda daw yung 300v intended for motorcycles..

    thanks in advance..

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    67
    #2
    sir before ginamit ko sa 998 a/t penrite 450/liter sa Ride ko nabili 4X4 shop yun sa may pasong tamo. ok naman sa tingin ko performance kaso medypo madugo lang ang price per liter and I have to use almost 7liters per change oil.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    156
    #3
    Pareng Kamoteman, dalawa bang makina nakakabit sayo dati at kinaylangan mong 7 liters na langis? hehehe... Musta na Bro? Longtime no see!

  4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    156
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmralliart View Post
    i'm about to change engine oil of the mini...
    i have MOTUL oils on stock but somebody advised me to use engine oil specified for motorcycles--straight 40 daw since the clutch is integrated..
    can anyone recommend specific oils used for mini?
    i was hoping i could use the esther based MOTUL hTech100 fully synthetic SAE10W40 kaso mas maganda daw yung 300v intended for motorcycles..

    thanks in advance..
    Sir, based on experience masmaganda gamitin ang diesel oil since makapal ang viscosity nito. By the time uminit ang oil mo when running eh tamang tama na ang viscosity nito for the engine. Let me explain. If you use 20/50 oil eh madaling numipis ang langis since the engine and transmission share one type of oil.Yung viscosity ng 20/50 oil na malamig pa eh would be the same as the viscosity of a diesel oil na maiinit na. Consult mo yung David Vizard book on engine modifications, he actually recomends using diesel oil. Kung gusto mo naman mag20/50 then put additive para kumapal ang langis mo.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    67
    #5
    pareng batman yun kasi kadami ang nagamit kong langis nung matic makina ko. di ko na lang alam kung pati radiator eh nilagyan din nga langis kaya ganun kadami!
    meron pa bang meet sa p.g.? di na ako nakakareceive ng "makakata" mong text!

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    114
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Sir, based on experience masmaganda gamitin ang diesel oil since makapal ang viscosity nito. By the time uminit ang oil mo when running eh tamang tama na ang viscosity nito for the engine. Let me explain. If you use 20/50 oil eh madaling numipis ang langis since the engine and transmission share one type of oil.Yung viscosity ng 20/50 oil na malamig pa eh would be the same as the viscosity of a diesel oil na maiinit na. Consult mo yung David Vizard book on engine modifications, he actually recomends using diesel oil. Kung gusto mo naman mag20/50 then put additive para kumapal ang langis mo.
    Sounds logical, since integrated nga ang gearbox and differential unit to the main block. Independent gearbox and differential unit of other conventional cars feed on very thick oil. A supervisor in a service station recommended diesel oil to me also when he discovered the unique integration of our cars' engine components. High temp rating daw kasi ang diesel oil kaya hindi madali lumabnaw. Makes sense... and now that Sir Batman had affirmed it... I'll try it.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    114
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kamoteman View Post
    pareng batman yun kasi kadami ang nagamit kong langis nung matic makina ko. di ko na lang alam kung pati radiator eh nilagyan din nga langis kaya ganun kadami!
    meron pa bang meet sa p.g.? di na ako nakakareceive ng "makakata" mong text!
    Now that that engine is with me I should know why... Kaya 7 liters bro, kasi yung 2 liters naiiwan sa kalye.... JOKE JOKE JOKE!!!

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    156
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by esarc View Post
    Now that that engine is with me I should know why... Kaya 7 liters bro, kasi yung 2 liters naiiwan sa kalye.... JOKE JOKE JOKE!!!
    Hahaha... , Heto kasing si pareng Harry eh madaming pangbili ng Pentrite kaya 7 na liters ang nilagay. Joke joke joke

    Pareng Harry, I havent been active with the club for a long time now. Medyo concentrate muna ako with work kasi kailangan kumita at may pinakakain na. Forward ko na lang number mo to Mr. Secrtry para he can include you in the mass txt invite. Yun nga lang hindi na makatha ang mga txt msgs. hehehe....

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    48
    #9
    Sir Batman, ako din po pa join din po. Sana makapunta din ako sa P.G. minsan para makapagfill-up na ng form (meron po ba?)

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19
    #10
    sir batman tanong ko lang mga ilan liters ng diesel oil ang kailangan sa mini? salamat ulit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What type or oil do you recommend for mini 998 engine?