New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just want to throw this at the Mini folks who've been at this longer than I have (basically everyone here haha). I am in the process of fixing up an 88 Mini City and need to replace three key parts: alternator, hydrovac and aircon compressor. Budget is limited so I am looking at replacing these parts with japanese surplus.

Could anyone tell me what specific models of alternator, hydrovac and compressor I should get to replace the missing parts with?

Thanks folks,

Didipus Rex

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Just want to throw this at the Mini folks who've been at this longer than I have (basically everyone here haha). I am in the process of fixing up an 88 Mini City and need to replace three key parts: alternator, hydrovac and aircon compressor. Budget is limited so I am looking at replacing these parts with japanese surplus.

Could anyone tell me what specific models of alternator, <<no specific... basta sasalpak at magaan birahin. iwasan mo yung sobra taas ng amperage, mabigat. hydrovac <<wala. iba design ng mini. pataas ang push rod at major need ang bracket. may nagfabricate na ng bracket patterned sa rover, at kinabitan ng maliit na jap hydrovac pero hindi ok (at least IMHO). you can opt for an inline type (PBR) but you have to keep your original brakemaster and compressor ,<<gamit ko ngayon sanden505. pero kahit ano na mejo maliit para di masyado ang power drag I should get to replace the missing parts with?

ang major key sa conversion, or should i say "adaptation" ng japanese parts to a mini is always the design of the bracket. pag palpak ang gawa... pangit na itsura, mabigat pa tapakan or kapos (sa preno), or hindi magtatapat yung mga pulley (sa a/c at alternator) resulting to excessive wear of the belts and bearings.

if i may ask, why do you opt for japanese parts when uk parts can be availed? lalo na limited edition yung mini mo, sayang yung heritage value.

Thanks folks, thanks din

Didipus Rex

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Esarc is selling a Lucas Alternator check out his post at Tsikot's Virtual Banawe. Original na less hassle pa no need to fabricate.

Quote Originally Posted by esarc View Post

Could anyone tell me what specific models of alternator, <<no specific... basta sasalpak at magaan birahin. iwasan mo yung sobra taas ng amperage, mabigat. hydrovac <<wala. iba design ng mini. pataas ang push rod at major need ang bracket. may nagfabricate na ng bracket patterned sa rover, at kinabitan ng maliit na jap hydrovac pero hindi ok (at least IMHO). you can opt for an inline type (PBR) but you have to keep your original brakemaster and compressor ,<<gamit ko ngayon sanden505. pero kahit ano na mejo maliit para di masyado ang power drag I should get to replace the missing parts with?

ang major key sa conversion, or should i say "adaptation" ng japanese parts to a mini is always the design of the bracket. pag palpak ang gawa... pangit na itsura, mabigat pa tapakan or kapos (sa preno), or hindi magtatapat yung mga pulley (sa a/c at alternator) resulting to excessive wear of the belts and bearings.

if i may ask, why do you opt for japanese parts when uk parts can be availed? lalo na limited edition yung mini mo, sayang yung heritage value.

Thanks folks, thanks din

Didipus Rex

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vince168 View Post
    Esarc is selling a Lucas Alternator check out his post at Tsikot's Virtual Banawe. Original na less hassle pa no need to fabricate.
    Didipusrex texted me already... thanks Vince. But that is as long as didipusrex has the original bracket. If his car was not originally fitted with aircon, most likely it doesn't have the needed bracket. Iba ang alternator bracket ng may aircon sa wala. But we can work it out. May mapagkokopyahan ako. I can produce the shop drawings. Just have it fabricated.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dami complications but ive seen Japanese version minis i believe standard ang AC units. Pati sa dash integrated ang aircon.

Kaya ako di ako naglagay ng aircon

Quote Originally Posted by esarc View Post
    Didipusrex texted me already... thanks Vince. But that is as long as didipusrex has the original bracket. If his car was not originally fitted with aircon, most likely it doesn't have the needed bracket. Iba ang alternator bracket ng may aircon sa wala. But we can work it out. May mapagkokopyahan ako. I can produce the shop drawings. Just have it fabricated.

Surplus Compatibility for Classic Mini