New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I have been scouting for a mini. Saw some very nice ones and some unacceptable ones. Nowadays, the 90s minis I discover are imported from Japan for some reason. I have some questions... Are converted right hand driven minis ok? (meaning do they give you problems?) Since I tried researching about minis, I found out that the Mk6 (1990 on) had 1275cc power units. Also, 998cc engines were discontinued!?!? I'm a bit confunsed here. Pls check http://www.minispares.com/Article.aspx?aid=318. Why do I see minis for sale with 998cc engines that claim to be 90-91 models? Are the owners lying? Which is true? Wanna know from the experts (you guys) before I get an authentic one (might make a mistake and end up buying a "fake" one)

2. rey_rya Guest
    Kev, first regarding the RHD/LHD- England exports minis to diff. countries w/ different Road rules.In Japan its a RHD although they also allow LHD .So, the maker/s[Leyland,Rover etc.]had ready made holes/fixtures and or bracket for this so you will just change the steering rack & pinion and move the meters from right to left and of course the pedals. So, theres no problem. And your second question has a long answer so please check this:http://www.minimania.com..regarding Mini identification..a very interesting subject.Happy reading !

3. rey_rya Guest
    And regarding the minis coming from Japan: Sa palagay ko magaganda ang mga galing sa Japan dahil hindi laspag at hindi gaanong pinaglalaruan ang mga ito.And most important is they seldom restore their minis, bihira lang.Kaya, pagjunk na asahan mo uubra pa- just give it the tender loving care...hehehe. Come on pick-up your Mini and have some fun!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanx for the info rey rya. so, that means, 'di kasing sama ng mga jap converts ang mini converts (right hand driven to left). No offense to jap car/suv converts aficionados. ang sama lang kasi talaga ng "katay" ng ibang nag-coconvert e. 'di naman lahat, karamihan lang nga. No offense po. So, may mga abang nga talaga ang mga minis for conversion. Good! Mahimbing ang tulog ko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    rey rya, thanks for the web address regarding mini identification but the address wouldn't direct me.

6. rey_rya Guest
    Kev...what di u see? Were u able to go tothe minimania page {sorry.. not familiar w/ p/c terminology]. If u saw the minimania logo,left click then u are there already.. on the left side u will see live chat u enter there and u can ask about mini identification. he will give u specific location. Otherwise it says send offline message.And if u want, u can send me ur e-mail add and i will try to send u the file. ok?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    got it rey rya! tnx!

8. rey_rya Guest
    Kev... just happy to share!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    rey rya, i checked out the "ID your mini" link of minimania.com and I was well fed with plump info! I applaud minimania.com. They are doing a great job and I think minimania.com is, for me, the best and most informative website ever!

10. rey_rya Guest
    Kev, ya for sure they are! So,hows your mini/ ur mini would be? As for me,the choices are narrowing now- I think Im going to get this 96model [a give away price] but w/ over 100K km run.So, my plan would be to have a major repair on it, giving it a fresh/new life.Ang hirap pumili, ano? heheheh..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
90s minis