New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I'd like to post this inquiry and hope someone can chime in for a reply as someone is selling me an avantgarde grille (made in Germany with a MB part number) which he said is good for w208, w210 and w202 which the seller said does not require cutting unlike the ones made in taiwan. I have searched in the net but could not find anything that will support his claim but his pics with the original box of the grille has the stamped that says it is good for the models stated. Can anyone confirm this before I make the purchase

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    I'd like to post this inquiry and hope someone can chime in for a reply as someone is selling me an avantgarde grille (made in Germany with a MB part number) which he said is good for w208, w210 and w202 which the seller said does not require cutting unlike the ones made in taiwan. I have searched in the net but could not find anything that will support his claim but his pics with the original box of the grille has the stamped that says it is good for the models stated. Can anyone confirm this before I make the purchase
    I doubt that it'll fit on your W202. But I suggest do a test fit first before comitting to buy. Pero totoo, pangit nga ang fit ng Taiwan made grills. Yung sa W140 ko muntik na ako mag Taiwan Avant Garde grills, buti na lang nakatyempo ng orig na MB 600 grills na surplus, ganda ng fit

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I doubt that it'll fit on your W202. But I suggest do a test fit first before comitting to buy. Pero totoo, pangit nga ang fit ng Taiwan made grills. Yung sa W140 ko muntik na ako mag Taiwan Avant Garde grills, buti na lang nakatyempo ng orig na MB 600 grills na surplus, ganda ng fit
    Up until today, I still cannot find a video or a write-up to support his claim and since I am located here in the province, I can not do a test fit since I dont know of anyone with a W208 but thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm planning to buy it instead since the price offer is too hard to resist and I'll post my observation once I get to install it (if I can, hehe)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    Up until today, I still cannot find a video or a write-up to support his claim and since I am located here in the province, I can not do a test fit since I dont know of anyone with a W208 but thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm planning to buy it instead since the price offer is too hard to resist and I'll post my observation once I get to install it (if I can, hehe)
    I took the liberty to cross check the part numbers between a W202 and a W208 grilles, turns out they have different part numbers, so I think its no go.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I took the liberty to cross check the part numbers between a W202 and a W208 grilles, turns out they have different part numbers, so I think its no go.
    Thanks for the extra mile that you did to help

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Question Benzmeisters:

does anyone know the shop where Dingdong Dantes got his W115 restored? TIA

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1454232248.132260.jpg

Di ko alam kung saan nirestore yung W115 ni Dingdong Dantes, pero eto sa friend ko, fully restored '76 300D US version

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^ Ganda Sir.

My brother's restoring his W124 300D Turbo and W201 190E 2.3-16v, la na kasi time na matutukan kaya gusto na ipasok sa shop, hence the query on Dingdong's Benz.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Need an advise, the specs for the differential gear oil requires GL5 80w-90 for hypoid gears. What do you suggest to use? I've noticed that Shell, Caltex and Petron here in our place in the province do not carry such specs, usually their oils are monograde and GL4

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Good Afternoon! I wonder if you can help source parts for my W126 300SD. Planning to restore my dad's. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hi Paulo,

Re; Batman begins: Project Fintail, Part 1 | TopGear.com.ph

On behalf of Mercedes Benz Club Philippines, if you need help in sourcing parts for your W110 restoration, qualified MB mechanics, technical information, etc., we are here to help. I am just a PM away.

Good luck on your finny project.

Francis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast