New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    lowslowbenz,thanks for sharing this, do i take it that E10 is not bad for us as long as the RON is 95? i heard from my mechanic that E10 may hurt the membrane in our fuel distributors? what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pr462 View Post
    lowslowbenz,thanks for sharing this, do i take it that E10 is not bad for us as long as the RON is 95? i heard from my mechanic that E10 may hurt the membrane in our fuel distributors? what do you think?

Mixed reactions really ... I have a friend whose FD failure was attributed to E-10, while others would say their cars experienced bad engine performance, hesitation, "palya", increased fuel consumption.. Still others would say that E-10 on their cars were "okay" .... But then again we cannot discount the long term effects can we? Re: long term = 3-4 years down the road..

My personal pitch ... stay away from it as much as possible ... which is becoming quite a problem for me as well as I have 2 cars in the province that are'nt E-10 compatible... HAY!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    lowslowbenz, thanks for sharing this info, also read somewhere that in europe their blend is even higher and same they get mixed reactions to the new blends,
    agree with you best to keep it safe...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
W124 queries