New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Did you find the problem part already??

I also own a W210.

I think it is the blower regulator. This usually breaks down on most W210 owners. Mine already broke down.

If you only had the PUSH BUTTON controls for the aircon then we can easily see what the problem is since that control has a built in COMPUTER DIAGNOSIS that shows the fault codes.

please bring your car to R&R motors. Look for Nemecio. If you haven't heard of them, they service MB aircons with a computerized system using a LAUNCH OBDII computer to find error codes and erase them. You can easily see what component is broken than through trial in error. BTW, this shop charges reasonable. They have the cheapest computer diagnosis charge anywhere.

They are located along EDSA. Coming from Q.C., go right side POEA ortigas edsa, you will see the shop on the right just across Galleria. Just a little after the Burger machine stall.

Don't even think of going to European motors or even CATS!! for sure, mahal doon ang labor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Langhiyang raket yan ah.
    sorry OT pero for drama lang kaya hindi ko sinama ang ilang important info. (1) gray market kasi ang benz niya so pag dinala sa casa, may mga add-on talaga (sabi pa ng casa, kasama na daw sa 60K na yun ang "warranty" kuno), and, (2) mahal talaga yung mga firmware na yun para sa diagnostic computer nila. at the time it happened, the car was barely a year old. we went kasi muna to a non-casa benz shop (re-booting would have cost probably just 5K or something) but the firmware that the non-casa shop had was not for the same model year. balita ko ilang million ang binabayad ng casa para makakuha ng modelong firmware e.

*rmt6668, sorry wala akong maidadagdag na helpful info except ingat lang sa pagbutingting diyan sa benz mo. dami niyang computer stuff na magkaka-konekta baka kung anong mahugot mo. nung nagka-problema ang sa kakilala ko, we even called MB sa germany and while they were helpful (dami din namin sinubukang tanggaling kung anu-ano) ang kinatapusan e casa pa din ang bagsak namin

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rmt6668
    My 2001 E240 W210 Air Conditoner seem to have a mind of its own it kept running non stop. I am trying to diagnose the fault. Temporarirly I have remove the 3 pin cable connected to the AC Blower Regulator.

I am trying to locate the AC Fuse? I cannot see where it is?

Is it possible that the Relay Power Contacts are welded & Sticking? Its a 1 inch Box Plug in Cube, 5 pin relay on the engine L side?
    I see you are a bit of a handyman since you pulled out all those parts from the BENZ. Great!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth
    sorry OT pero for drama lang kaya hindi ko sinama ang ilang important info. (1) gray market kasi ang benz niya so pag dinala sa casa, may mga add-on talaga (sabi pa ng casa, kasama na daw sa 60K na yun ang "warranty" kuno), and, (2) mahal talaga yung mga firmware na yun para sa diagnostic computer nila. at the time it happened, the car was barely a year old. we went kasi muna to a non-casa benz shop (re-booting would have cost probably just 5K or something) but the firmware that the non-casa shop had was not for the same model year. balita ko ilang million ang binabayad ng casa para makakuha ng modelong firmware e.

*rmt6668, sorry wala akong maidadagdag na helpful info except ingat lang sa pagbutingting diyan sa benz mo. dami niyang computer stuff na magkaka-konekta baka kung anong mahugot mo. nung nagka-problema ang sa kakilala ko, we even called MB sa germany and while they were helpful (dami din namin sinubukang tanggaling kung anu-ano) ang kinatapusan e casa pa din ang bagsak namin
    Grabe.. 2002 S-Class!! Parang pinaparusahan ng CATS yung mga bumili sa gray market..
    I guess pag binili yung 2002 S-class sa CATS, it would have been covered under warranty or would have been charged way less.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks guys,

But I'm not filipino & can you translate for me pls

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks guys,

But I'm not filipino & can you translate for me pls
    oops sorry about that. anyway, what i meant was that you ought to be careful about pulling electrical things out of your benz because, in my own experience, it seems that every electrical thing in that car seems to have some computer stuff that, in turn, seems to be connected to everything else. what you don't know can hurt your car (and your wallet, so to speak). with regards to the problem we experienced with the S-class, we did try fixing the aircon ourselves. we eventually called MB Germany for advise. the person we spoke to from MB was pretty helpful but, in spite of all the tinkering we did (as per his advise), we still ended up going to the dealer to get the problem fixed.

again sorry i'm not much of any help. just recounting our own experience.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    Grabe.. 2002 S-Class!! Parang pinaparusahan ng CATS yung mga bumili sa gray market..
    I guess pag binili yung 2002 S-class sa CATS, it would have been covered under warranty or would have been charged way less.
    just to clarify, the casa we went to wasn't CATS motors. at the time, if i remember correctly, there were several MB authorized service centers and we were able to canvass among them. (it might have been more expensive in cats.) and yes, i agree that if the car was purchased from cats, it would most probably have been covered under warranty.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the translation. But I proceeded to test the wirings this is what I found.

I have tested the 3 pin wires using a Multimeter.

(1) Test the middle pin with AC switch disconnected--->0 Volts & plugging the 3 pin wire to the Blower turn ON full blast
    (2) Test the middle pin with AC Switch connected ----->12 Volts & plugging the 3 pin wire to the Blower turn ON full blast
    (3) Test the middle pin with AC switch connected (a) Switch 1---> 11 Volts (b) Switch 2--->10 Volts (c) Switch 3--->9 Volts (d) Switch 4--->8 Volts (e) Switch 5--->5.5 Volts
    (4) With Engine On, test the middle pin with AC switch connected (a) Switch 1---> 12.5 Volts (b) Switch 2--->12 Volts (c) Switch 3--->11 Volts (d) Switch 4--->10 Volts (e) Switch 5--->7 Volts

Whats odd is that the Blower keep blasting away with or without the AC Switch connected or disconnected.

But the Multimeter detected 12 Volts in the middle pin when the AC Swicth is connected but 0 Volts when discoonected?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks for the translation. But I proceeded to test the wirings this is what I found.

(1) Test the middle pin with AC switch disconnected--->0 Volts & plugging the 3 pin wire to the Blower turn ON full blast
    (2) Test the middle pin with AC Switch connected ----->12 Volts & plugging the 3 pin wire to the Blower turn ON full blast
    (3) Test the middle pin with AC switch connected (a) Switch 1---> 11 Volts (b) Switch 2--->10 Volts (c) Switch 3--->9 Volts (d) Switch 4--->8 Volts (e) Switch 5--->5.5 Volts
    (4) With Engine On, test the middle pin with AC switch connected (a) Switch 1---> 12.5 Volts (b) Switch 2--->12 Volts (c) Switch 3--->11 Volts (d) Switch 4--->10 Volts (e) Switch 5--->7 Volts

Whats odd is that the Blower keep blasting away with or without the AC Switch connected or disconnected.

But the Multimeter detected 12 Volts in the middle pin when the AC Swicth is connected but 0 Volts when discoonected?
    heheh i can not comment on anything else except that you're cool. i wouldn't do that to my benz (even if i had one -- and just for the record: i don't). good luck on your quest to figure out the mysteries of mercedes-benzes. i remember reading about this renntech benz (can't remember the model but i think it was an E-class or something) which they fitted with a V12 and was trying to push really hard. they took out every conceivable hardware and software rev-limiter and then tried to run it flat out in some circuit. then suddenly they encountered another rev-limiter. mind you, they had several engineers on board and they still couldn't figure out what was doing the rev-limiting. at the end of the article, they decided to call it quits, accept the unacceptable, and conclude that to go around the rev-limiter, they might need to replace every single piece of component in the car. i guess that's german engineering for you

i would be pleasantly surprised i suppose if you remove the car's battery and the blower is still blasting away. now that's one for the record books.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004

Hi, Ooops. I thought you were a local.

Anyway, the best person to ask anything about Mercedes Benz is to look for my friend Mr. "SLEEPWALKER" http://www.mercedesforum.com/ Just post "SLEEPWALKER HELP!!" He is the moderator and also the chief service advisor for Mercedes.

BTW, he is a Filipino.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mercedes Benz AC Blower running non-stop