New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    no problems YET,
    although,
    if you have an ipod or an mp3 player which you wanna plug in to the audio system,
    you need to buy their ipod integration kit thing.
    or else you'll have to keep the glove compartment open all the time and manipulate the ipod/player manually (driving hazard! very inconvenient, tried it myself. hehehe.)
    the aux jack is in there.
    it would've been nice to control the music from the console/steering wheel.
    another great feature is the handsfree bluetooth feature.
    very cool and would save you from having to hold ur phone and drive.
    performance wise,
    acceleration is great.
    steering is smooth and responsive.
    though i would like to try the sudden braking maneuver they did at the c-class experience.
    hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    What model do you have?

Any idea how if the local MB can activate the back-up camera?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just did instrumented testing on a C-Class.

The interior and exterior are better looking than the current 3-series, but the quality of some materials is just "okay". I'd like for the leather to be softer and the headliner to feel a bit more substantial. Some of the switchgear and handles don't have that solid carved-out-of-metal feeling that Mercs of old have. The rear seat is also a bit tight... the big front seats don't give you much room to slot your feet in under them.

Handling is sharp, though still understeer-biased. It's confident without actually feeling sporty. The steering and brakes aren't as good as the BMW 3-series, but the ride feels more comfortable. Despite the softness of the ride, body control is very good, and there's very little body roll in cornering. The electric brakes and accelerator are a bit too fuzzy for my tastes. Good engine, though.

The stereo is terrific. The entire car seems to be one gigantic sound system. This is probably the C's number one selling point.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Niky tell them about that hood ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Ano meron sa HOOD?

The ONLY comment I gave CATS during the C-Experience is ipod integration Kit should have come as standard since they car is so expensive here specially with the Multi Media Package.

But I think if you don't have the Ipod Integration kit but your car has the Multi Media Package ( 7 inch pop up display ) you can use a PCMCIA memory card reader and use a 16 gig SD HC memory card to run all your MP3 music.

Looking for a PCMCIA memory reader with SDHC capability is not easy as I have been looking for the past month. No where to be found in Manila or HK.

I got a SDHC 8 Gig memory card already but no PCMCIA card reader pero now out na 16 Gig.

Baka may alam kayo sino may benta dito ng ganun card reader.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I got my wife the c300 sport in barolo red. 5500 miles, not a single problem. service intervals are only every 13000 miles. probably about once a year lang

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...0C300%20Sport/

overall, i was on the fence between a 328i and the c300. i visited the showrooms one after the other and the C300 blew the bmw away in all my personal criteria. luma na kasi body style ng BMW.

i love everything about it, but my favorites are the dual moonroof/panorama, 18" staggered AMB rims, nd the color.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Errh... I feel like an uneducated monkey... but I'll confess... I was under the dashboard for ten minutes and I couldn't figure out the hood release. Turns out... it was under the dashboard... I just didn't look hard enough... Ook... ook... ook.

Nice car... not quite as sporty as a 3-series, despite the sharp steering and good road-feel, but something you can tuck a zillion miles away under your belt in in perfect comfort.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Errh... I feel like an uneducated monkey... but I'll confess... I was under the dashboard for ten minutes and I couldn't figure out the hood release. Turns out... it was under the dashboard... I just didn't look hard enough... Ook... ook... ook.

Nice car... not quite as sporty as a 3-series, despite the sharp steering and good road-feel, but something you can tuck a zillion miles away under your belt in in perfect comfort.
    Hahaha we had the same problem.

Our car arrive without the owners manual and the people who needs to get the engine number and it took us 30mins to figure out the hood release.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck View Post
    I got my wife the c300 sport in barolo red. 5500 miles, not a single problem. service intervals are only every 13000 miles. probably about once a year lang

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...0C300%20Sport/

overall, i was on the fence between a 328i and the c300. i visited the showrooms one after the other and the C300 blew the bmw away in all my personal criteria. luma na kasi body style ng BMW.

i love everything about it, but my favorites are the dual moonroof/panorama, 18" staggered AMB rims, nd the color.

Ayos let me know if may new developments.

We practically have the same car but i got 350 and have the MM package.

Matagtag ba? I can't use the car yet wala pa plate kasi under registration pa.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    two of my co-workers just bought C350s...pareho pa kulay, offwhite, which is my favorite. . they're beautiful cars in and out! they've offered test drives but I'll wait 'til they get broken in.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
2008 MB C-Class