New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Mercedes-Benz started testing on the new W204 C-class quite a long time ago (in the summer of 2003), and for good reason. The outgoing C-class was never a real competitor to the BMW 3-series, being plagued with poor interior materials, a small stature, and disappointing engines. This new model has seen hundreds of thousands of test miles in Germany, Finland, Dubai, Namibia, and some other places, including the digital world. The 2008 C-class is the first car based on a completely virtual prototype, created with 2130 gigabytes of information.

The new C-class resembles a scaled-down (and tamer) S-class, and a version of that car's dial-operated COMAND entertainment system will be available. European buyers will get their choice of multiple diesel engines, as well as 156- and 184-horsepower supercharged four-cylinder gas burners, named C180 Kompressor and C200 Kompressor, respectively. Three gasoline V-6 engines will be available: a 204-hp C230, a 231-hp C280, and a 272-hp C350. We expect only the two most powerful engines in the U.S. The latter is the same 3.5-liter found in the ML, E, SLK, and a number of other models. We also expect a detuned version of AMG's 6.2-liter V-8 to find its way beneath the hood of a C63 AMG model. Mercedes-Benz has been hyping the amount of work put into this car for months; we'll see the fruits of all that labor later this spring when we drive the new C-class.
    more pics here: http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh..._benz_c_class/

the front kinda reminds me of the 1st gen IS/Altezza

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganda nga... it comes in two trims here... Avantgarde & Elegance. The former has a more sporty look while the latter has a more upscale feel.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sayang overpriced Mercs dto sa pinas

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not to mention the electronic gremlins on newer MBs... but the car looks damn good

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The interior is impressive and roomy,aside from its handsome exterior representing the mercedes benz emblem.Truly a european work of art.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How expensive is it to own a mercedes. Ang maintenance schedule ba niya parang toyota din? 1000, 5000, 10000, 20000,30000? How much is the first 1000 and 5000 service sa casa? any idea. Mga 4-8k ba o di hamak na mas mahal. How about the over all reliability. Maraming nagsasabi mas reliable pa ang toyota. Is this true?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho

japanese cars are inherently more reliable and cheaper to maintain than german cars.

I have owned both german and japanese cars.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede! can i get it without the stupid eyelid looking things?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's not a fiber glass add on. its part of the headlight assembly. similar to the contour of the opel astra, i think.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I saw a bunch of new C-class in pasong tamo last weekend, several ones in different colors, its for delivery or for a launching. the front looks really nice, similar to a baby S-class but the butt is horribly ugly. it looks like the butt of the 2nd gen honda city, the ugly one.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
2008 MB C-Class