New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    doesnt make me really uncomfortable but piques my curiosity.

the billboard that annoys me are those of celebrities like kris aquino endorsing sabong panlaba. bakit naglalaba ba si kris?!

or those of big billboards saying this is project of <insert politician> with humongous picture of the politician. shameless plugs!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree. Bat hindi yun ang icensor nila?

Sa mga sensitive na mata, mas asiwa ba yung dalawang bading na naghoholding hands kaysa sa mga shameless plug ng mga politiko?

And the original concept of the Bench billboard series wasn't about gay love only. LOVE ALL KINDS OF LOVE nga diba. Which is why there are other billboards beside the gay billboard showing different kinds of relationships. So it's not shoving down gay rights down people's throats.

As to why different groups push for gay acceptance, it's exactly because the norm is hetero***ual relationships only, and for many decades people have been very hostile towards homo***ual relationships. Most of the decent LGBT groups I know push only for mutual respect, not glorification of the gay community.

And from what I've seen, most of the people from older generations are the ones that are far less tolerant towards the paradigm shift of accepting gay love. Here in Tsikot where most people are older than I am, there's obviously more hesitation as compared to my FB/Twitter/IG feed where people are more my age. But that's normal - I don't think it's ever happened that paradigm shifts were brought about by the older members of society.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree. Bat hindi yun ang icensor nila?

Sa mga sensitive na mata, mas asiwa ba yung dalawang bading na naghoholding hands kaysa sa mga shameless plug ng mga politiko?

And the original concept of the Bench billboard series wasn't about gay love only. LOVE ALL KINDS OF LOVE nga diba. Which is why there are other billboards beside the gay billboard showing different kinds of relationships. So it's not shoving down gay rights down people's throats.

As to why different groups push for gay acceptance, it's exactly because the norm is hetero***ual relationships only, and for many decades people have been very hostile towards homo***ual relationships. Most of the decent LGBT groups I know push only for mutual respect, not glorification of the gay community.

And from what I've seen, most of the people from older generations are the ones that are far less tolerant towards the paradigm shift of accepting gay love. Here in Tsikot where most people are older than I am, there's obviously more hesitation as compared to my FB/Twitter/IG feed where people are more my age. But that's normal - I don't think it's ever happened that paradigm shifts were brought about by the older members of society.
    It wasn't just the BENCH billboard I was talking about. It's everywhere.

I know a lot of people my age and older that choose to keep quiet but are really annoyed with all these homo***uality acceptance campaigns and I don't think it has anything to do with age. My cousin is in his mid 20s and we have the same view on homo***uality. We are tolerant of gay people but there is no need to parade it! I've heard conversations among real old people = senior citizens that view gay people as malas (don't make friends or don't employ). These are well educated senior citizens. Now that is what I call intolerance by older generations.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i don't find it offensive at all. man and woman, woman and woman or man and man holding hands in public they're all the same to me. as long as they love each other let them be. what i hate though is yung mga bading na malalandi pa sa babae kung gumalaw at manamait pati mga tibo na mayayabang kala mo kung sino.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i don't find it offensive at all. man and woman, woman and woman or man and man holding hands in public they're all the same to me. as long as they love each other let them be. what i hate though is yung mga bading na malalandi pa sa babae kung gumalaw at manamait pati mga tibo na mayayabang kala mo kung sino.
    I agree. There are gay individuals that I respect because they conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Pero may officer kami dito sa work na hindi ko magawang marespeto. Baklang parlor kasi magsalita at vocal pa sa mga crush niya sa office.

May tibo din na mas maangas pa sa lalaki nakakapikon din! Pero pag ginulpi ng lalaki sasabihin bakit pumapatol sa babae

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I guess it boils down on how you look at it in your own perspective. Our culture is emerging and you cant stop this kind of ads. I think lgbt only wants to accept them by the public. If they want to be respected... They should act respectfully. Meron talagang mga baklang parlorista at tibong hanep umangas... Meron din lalakeng mayayabang at babaeng ubod ng chismosa. These are same people thats hard to be respected...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Don't really care.

Basta balang araw may sisigaw ng DARNA! dito sa tsikot. Hehehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't really care.

Basta balang araw may sisigaw ng DARNA! dito sa tsikot. Hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It wasn't just the BENCH billboard I was talking about. It's everywhere.

I know a lot of people my age and older that choose to keep quiet but are really annoyed with all these homo***uality acceptance campaigns and I don't think it has anything to do with age. My cousin is in his mid 20s and we have the same view on homo***uality. We are tolerant of gay people but there is no need to parade it! I've heard conversations among real old people = senior citizens that view gay people as malas (don't make friends or don't employ). These are well educated senior citizens. Now that is what I call intolerance by older generations.
    Hindi naman kayo yung target market nung campaigns Cath, since as you said, you tolerate it already.

Those campaigns are more for the people who continue to discriminate on homo***uals because they're homo***uals, even if these homo***uals are actually good people trying to live decent lives. There are still people who can't accept that gay people can be good people. Heck, there are still lots of parents (mostly fathers) that are unable to love their children who grow up to be gay.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I accept the existence of the 3rd ***. What I cant swallow is when I see a tbird holding hands with a very gorgeous gal I start questioning myself - ano bang meron sya na wala ako? But the answer is quite obvious, isnt it?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I accept the existence of the 3rd ***. What I cant swallow is when I see a tbird holding hands with a very gorgeous gal I start questioning myself - ano bang meron sya na wala ako? But the answer is quite obvious, isnt it?
    What? You both have tongues naman? And you have something the tbird does not have.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast