New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... guess what? Turns out it was Bench that got cold feet and censored the ad before they sent it to the Ad Council.

:
    So it was bench who eventually censured & applied that black smudge on the poster itself? May lumabas kasi na it was vandalized bec of the couple's "offensive" gesture.

So not true pala.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Great piece of advertising since it got people talking... they actually released 2 versions, so people assumed the 2nd obscured version was actually defaced...

"The approved version with hands obscured is the billboard that Bench had printed and that now stands on EDSA. A digital mockup of the EDSA billboard showing the unobscured hands of Uy and Gaddi had been disseminated to press and is what likely led the public to assume the billboard had been defaced."
    [

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    happiness is not measured from opinion of others, happiness is with you when you are comfortable. don't mind seeing two guys holding hands, I just make sure when I go to the toilet they are not around

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Doesn't offend me but I do get a feeling these "feeler ads" are to test the waters, to gauge the level of public acceptance more than anything.

What did offend me are the past Bench underwear ads featuring "crotch shots" that are obviously self indulging the owner's guilty pleasures instead of selling underwear. If they did those ads with women can you imagine the backlash?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doesn't offend me but I do get a feeling these "feeler ads" are to test the waters, to gauge the level of public acceptance more than anything.

What did offend me are the past Bench underwear ads featuring "crotch shots" that are obviously self indulging the owner's guilty pleasures instead of selling underwear. If they did those ads with women can you imagine the backlash?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if i did not read about the controversy, i would never have noticed it.. too busy keeping my front bumper from hitting the bus in front..
    but the lousy attempt at painting it over is kind of funny...
    if they feel strongly enough as to put up that poster, then they should keep it as is.
    if they feel ashamed, then they should put it down.
    no half-way attempts, please. their spineless-ness is showing.
    the ad board suggested it? baka sugurin sila ng kina-uukulan..!!
    what do i feel about it? nothing. live and let live...
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 17th, 2015 at 05:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ayos eh no. OK lang yung mga babaeng kita buong katawan sa EDSA pero dalawang lalaking nagmamahalan at naghoholding hands hindi. Edi wow.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Hehe...natawa ako dito. Sa last mini EB namin, tatlo lang kami - dreamur, jut and kimbon. So paano namin malaman sino ang dalawang straight? :confused:
    bro dreamur, baket 2 lang mentioned mo eh kung kami ni Jut? pano ka na? Bwahahaha.
    pero to answer your question ganito lang yan bro... lahat tayo naman kumain ng burgen na naka-kamay. habang sinosubo ang burger sino ba ang naka angat ang hinliliit, bago kagating ang buns, sino ba ang naglick muna ng dressing at habang chewing ang burger sino ba ang may slurp na sound? di ba ala naman satin pero kung mayron paki PM naman ples. LOL

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Great piece of advertising since it got people talking... they actually released 2 versions, so people assumed the 2nd obscured version was actually defaced...

[
    Yup. Parang nireverse psychology lang tayo para me mapagusapan

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    to me it is fine. but according sa beki na katrabaho ko, it is offensive. offensive ang mga faces nila! ang papanget daw and they get their own billboard! lol

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Which one are they promoting? Homo***uality or the product? Aren't there too many gay Filipinos already?

The Philippines is probably the country with the most billboards and they are traffic distractions
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; February 18th, 2015 at 07:01 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast