New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    On the billboard: Its not too offensive. It depends on the perception of the person looking at it.

Compared to tv shows specifically highlighting gays and lesbian as primary actors, this billboard is tame.

Heck, I'd rather have MTRCB censor goin' bulilit for their segment "sinetch itey" featuring male kids as gay reporters. It gives me goose bumps to see that. It used to be a funny show, now we don't let our kids watch it anymore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the billboard: Its not too offensive. It depends on the perception of the person looking at it.

Compared to tv shows specifically highlighting gays and lesbian as primary actors, this billboard is tame.

Heck, I'd rather have MTRCB censor goin' bulilit for their segment "sinetch itey" featuring male kids as gay reporters. It gives me goose bumps to see that. It used to be a funny show, now we don't let our kids watch it anymore.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Exactly bro!

I remember,- our family was having dinner in a restaurant,- and there were these 2 gentlemen in the opposite table,- holding hands, looking intently at each other and sharing food and occasionally wiping each other's lips.... Everyone in the restaurant was visibly uncomfortably hush hush on them,- and yet, they were unmindful of their surroundings.....

Hey,- i am tolerant,- yes,- but there should be a place for such intimate actions.... It's like kissing in public for whatever ***ual orientation you are,- it is not proper.

You're jokla,- yes I can accept that,- but do not broadcast or advertise it like it is the best thing in the world for us to see!

Two gentlemen,- HHWW.... oh man!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.7K:shark:
    Tama yan! I will post this again I respect their ***uality but they should also respect me if I'm uncomfortable around them and it shouldn't be taken against me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So... guess what? Turns out it was Bench that got cold feet and censored the ad before they sent it to the Ad Council.

I mean... seriously... you're taking a picture of a gay couple for your billboard. Have the guts to follow through!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Don't really care... What do you expect? bench owner is jokla.

What I don't get is why does jokla feels the need to ram it down to everyone's throat about their ***uality
    Personally... holding hands is about 20 levels removed from any "get a room" type discomfort.

Kids hold hands with each other.

Parents and kids hold hands with each other.

Girl "besties" sometimes hold hands while walking. (and yes, Lesbians, too... but I've found that straight girls do it, too)

Boy "besties" used to do it (the younger ones), but the stigma of being "gay" means that they don't do it, anymore. But bros... we totally hold hands after a fist bump... just to see who'll break down in tears first as we squeeze.

-

IMHO, the billboard isn't propaganda. It's just showing the truth. That sometimes best buds can hold hands.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Saw this just now...

Attended an all-boys Catholic school in HS, with about 25% joks, and so IMO, I'm tolerant about this ***ual orientation.

Had a mini-reunion a few days ago with my HS batchmates, with a third attending - joks. No qualms.
    (Our joke is,- check your friends. If two are straight,- then you're 'it'...... )

Billboard is a promotion.

Hold that thought for a while....

Now, would you ???

Hehe...natawa ako dito. Sa last mini EB namin, tatlo lang kami - dreamur, jut and kimbon. So paano namin malaman sino ang dalawang straight? :confused:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Romansa espesyal

Tinalo pa kame ni esmi HHWW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Accept them for what they are, but do not tolerate what they do...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... guess what? Turns out it was Bench that got cold feet and censored the ad before they sent it to the Ad Council.

I mean... seriously... you're taking a picture of a gay couple for your billboard. Have the guts to follow through!

Personally... holding hands is about 20 levels removed from any "get a room" type discomfort.

Kids hold hands with each other.

Parents and kids hold hands with each other.

Girl "besties" sometimes hold hands while walking. (and yes, Lesbians, too... but I've found that straight girls do it, too)

Boy "besties" used to do it (the younger ones), but the stigma of being "gay" means that they don't do it, anymore. But bros... we totally hold hands after a fist bump... just to see who'll break down in tears first as we squeeze.

-

IMHO, the billboard isn't propaganda. It's just showing the truth. That sometimes best buds can hold hands.

Best gentlemen buds in a firm handshake bro,- (as you said after a fist bump).....

But while walking in public?.... Come on!...

Get real!

25.8K:shazam:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Hehe...natawa ako dito. Sa last mini EB namin, tatlo lang kami - dreamur, jut and kimbon. So paano namin malaman sino ang dalawang straight? :confused:
    Bro/[Sis(?)]- You should have tried,- holding their hands and squeezing them....

Then, (deep in your heart), - you'll know... :hysterical:

25.8K:shazam:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    No big deal, in fact it's mild compared to what Benetton did...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No big deal, in fact it's mild compared to what Benetton did...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Saw this just now...

Attended an all-boys Catholic school in HS, with about 25% joks, and so IMO, I'm tolerant about this ***ual orientation.

Had a mini-reunion a few days ago with my HS batchmates, with a third attending - joks. No qualms.
    (Our joke is,- check your friends. If two are straight,- then you're 'it'...... )

Billboard is a promotion.

Hold that thought for a while....

Now, would you ???

same here.... attended the same school as CVT, we are used to it already.
    in fact, during our silver anniversary, parang magtrotropa lang ang turingan namin.
    may mga naging katrabaho din akong joks.... no qualms about it. minsan nga masaya pa sila katrabaho eh.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast