New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Threaded View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    guys,

i'm currently looking for my first laptop and i'm initially setting my eyes on whitebooks due to bugetary constraints. To all who own or has experience working with whitebooks, do you think its a good decision to buy one? any horrible experiences on supports?

i went to the SM cyberzone yesterday and i saw this 12" efid12 by TWINHEAD. its ultra light at 1.6Kgs at 12" TFT, very slim, has an integrated CDR/DVD ROM, packs a 1.5 Ghz Pentium M Celeron with 1MB L2 cache, 256MB Memory, 40 Gig HD and a complete array of I/O ports not normally found on branded units. (multiple USB ports, firewire, wifi, card reader, etc). and it promises a 4 hour battery life... the only downside it, the unit doesnt come with an OS. SRP = 39,000 pesos.

i plan to use it for basic excel and word processing lang, daily internet surfing and occassionally photo editing on Adobe Cs2.

My number one consideration would be portability and baterry life (mobility)... i'm not a gamer so graphics may not be an issue.

i know the entry levels from COMPAQ, IBM and ACER probably are in the same price range but their weights from 2.9KG to 3.1KG is a big turn off. The ASUS 3N might be an alternative at a slighly lighter and smaller 2.75Kg in a 14.1" XGA TFT ... but the thing is, it doest have that much bling bling as the Twinhed has. (1.3Ghz lang ata to or 1.4Ghz)

My only concern with twinhead is support saka baka hindi magtagal kasi sabi nila since taiwan or china made, baka may mga issues yung construction.

tulong naman.

thanks
    Last edited by crossback; November 2nd, 2005 at 05:34 PM.

Whitebooks / Generic Notebook