New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    guys,

i'm currently looking for my first laptop and i'm initially setting my eyes on whitebooks due to bugetary constraints. To all who own or has experience working with whitebooks, do you think its a good decision to buy one? any horrible experiences on supports?

i went to the SM cyberzone yesterday and i saw this 12" efid12 by TWINHEAD. its ultra light at 1.6Kgs at 12" TFT, very slim, has an integrated CDR/DVD ROM, packs a 1.5 Ghz Pentium M Celeron with 1MB L2 cache, 256MB Memory, 40 Gig HD and a complete array of I/O ports not normally found on branded units. (multiple USB ports, firewire, wifi, card reader, etc). and it promises a 4 hour battery life... the only downside it, the unit doesnt come with an OS. SRP = 39,000 pesos.

i plan to use it for basic excel and word processing lang, daily internet surfing and occassionally photo editing on Adobe Cs2.

My number one consideration would be portability and baterry life (mobility)... i'm not a gamer so graphics may not be an issue.

i know the entry levels from COMPAQ, IBM and ACER probably are in the same price range but their weights from 2.9KG to 3.1KG is a big turn off. The ASUS 3N might be an alternative at a slighly lighter and smaller 2.75Kg in a 14.1" XGA TFT ... but the thing is, it doest have that much bling bling as the Twinhed has. (1.3Ghz lang ata to or 1.4Ghz)

My only concern with twinhead is support saka baka hindi magtagal kasi sabi nila since taiwan or china made, baka may mga issues yung construction.

tulong naman.

thanks
    Last edited by crossback; November 2nd, 2005 at 05:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    if its not a mobile processor, i dont think kaya niya ang 4 hours as claimed.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    check this site for questions.. www.tipidpc.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got a PRESTIGIO M310...(it looks like a NEO) but the difference is the CPU...mine is a 1.6 Centrino M ... P39,000 din...but weighs less than 2kg (1.6kg yata).

Twinhead have a model that is lighter (less than 2kg)...

Di ako sure how "fast" ang celeron...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The TWINHEAD unit above is a PENTIUM M Celeron 1.5Ghz, BUT its not technically CENTRINO kasi hindi ata INTEL mobile ang chipset nya eh. not sure if its the chipset or the Wireless network card. but its definitely NOT CENTRINO...

diba CENTRINO pag ALL INTEL ang processor, mobile chipset and wireless card?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    twinhead, imho, is ok.... the only hitch is medyo malutong yung joints nya which connects the monitor (lcd) dun sa main body... kaya ingat lang...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sir,

lahat naman ng notebook ngayon except to some Fujitsu notebook are already china/taiwan made na. there are 2 biggest manufacturer of OEM/ODM notebook in Taiwan.

Ok naman quality nyan. Ako i have one generic notebook and one HP. the difference lang is the quality of HP is much better in terms of stability ng unit. The generic I got nag Blue screen of death pag na-una turn-on ung LAN kaysa Wifi. I guess circuit problem.

Imho,
    Celeron ang bagal para sa Adobe C2. and u need good graphics for Adobe at least refresh rate. get ATI radeon powered video card as the Intel Extremee sucks.

If this is ur first PC , I suggest get branded one. IBM, HP, Compaq. Don't get dell since wala ata service center d2 sa pinas. basta ang trick sa notebook is the after sales support kc pag nasira yan hirap paayos.
    Last edited by katsudon_ph; November 2nd, 2005 at 05:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    and of course warranty.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bossing,

di naman extensive yung pag gamit ko ng adobe eh, so i think i can live with it for now, but assuming gusto ko palitan yung card nya pwede ba bili lang ako ng card then salpak lang sa notebook, similar to what we do with our clone PCs?

local mo na ba nabili yung generic laptop mo? mey brand ba? did you ever bother taking it back to the dealer where you got it?

aside from the blue screen, how about yung internal CDRW/DVD ROM, hindi pa malamya ang pagkakagawa?

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph
    sir,

lahat naman ng notebook ngayon except to some Fujitsu notebook are already china/taiwan made na. there are 2 biggest manufacturer of OEM/ODM notebook in Taiwan.

Ok naman quality nyan. Ako i have one generic notebook and one HP. the difference lang is the quality of HP is much better in terms of stability ng unit. The generic I got nag Blue screen of death pag na-una turn-on ung LAN kaysa Wifi. I guess circuit problem.

Imho,
    Celeron ang bagal para sa Adobe C2. and u need good graphics for Adobe at least refresh rate. get ATI radeon powered video card as the Intel Extremee sucks.

If this is ur first PC , I suggest get branded one. IBM, HP, Compaq. Don't get dell since wala ata service center d2 sa pinas. basta ang trick sa notebook is the after sales support kc pag nasira yan hirap paayos.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What about ASUS, ok ba after sales support ng ASUS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Whitebooks / Generic Notebook