New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I beg to differ...

BBC's TOP GEAR tv show is like CH5's FIFTH GEAR tv show. They both feature gimmicks of one sort of another including the test drives around their test tracks. They have their standard hosts with the weekly special topic and guests. They also clearly express the pros and cons of the vehicles featured that week.

Don't deceive yourself by comparing BBC's TOP GEAR tv show with Top Gear Philippines magazine. TGP magazine is a very pale comparison of the original magazine TOP GEAR in the UK.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    BBC's TOP GEAR tv show is like CH5's FIFTH GEAR tv show. They both feature gimmicks of one sort of another including the test drives around their test tracks. They have their standard hosts with the weekly special topic and guests. They also clearly express the pros and cons of the vehicles featured that week.
    the only fifth gear stunt that comes to my mind right now is when they converted an old merc to run on something they called "chip fat". i know that they've had other gimmicks, but i cant even remember any of them now. top gear, on the other hand, has had boat-cars, races between cars and boats/trains/planes, jeremy clarkson destroying a car in front of a dealership, several (unsuccessful) attempts to kill a toyota hilux, etc. this is why i will always find top gear to be more entertaining than fifth gear. it's the same reason (although to a lesser extent) why i'd pick top gear philippines over C! any day.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://fifthgear.five.tv/

Other stunts from Fifth Gear:

-Vicki Butler-Henderson attempts to break 200mph in an A1GP car
    -Reliant Robin racing
    -Tiff races an Evo against a stunt plane.
    -micro-minivan drifting
    -4x4 truck vs minivan crash test
    -caravan car jumping
    -car vs bike vs boat speed race
    -fastest speed using chip-fat (vege-oil) as fuel
    -Towing a jumbo jet with a Touareg
    -Smart ForTwo "four seater prototype"

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    .... it's the same reason (although to a lesser extent) why i'd pick top gear philippines over C! any day.
    Unfortunately aside from the magazine name and the monthly Jeremy Clarkson section, there is not much relating TGP to the actual BBC TV show.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Meron na pala ulit TOP GEAR sa BBC saturdays 930 pm. Kagabi ko lang kasi napanood ulit mula nung na aksidente si Hammond. Merry xmas na din

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
What about Top Gear Philippines?