New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yung LS fm dati may class pero ngayon wala na ..... tagalog na.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thats jologs to you...thats why i only listen to RJ or 96.3...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    cool sa love radio na lang kayo 90.7
    Sorry man but IMPO, 90.7 is no better. I'm old enough to remember the "heydays" of 90.7, where ballads and slow music is played all day. During my teenage years, that radio station used to be the radio station where teens tune in to if they want to listen to some sappy love song. DJs spoke all English and didn't have corny station IDs and gimmicks.

For people who are in my generation, listening to FM station DJs was like getting a class in English for free. I'll be the first to admit that FM (then, not now) helped me a lot in my quest to speak English properly. Dami DJ ngyaon eh mali-mali ang intonation at pronunciation ng ilang words.

FM now is for the masses, IMO. Hey, if I were the station boss and the masses keeps the money flowing in, I'd be in hog heaven.

Yes, i agree but i remember when they started taglish on several FM stations, it also begin the introduction of tagalog jokes and then greens. It eventually becomes a standard to add up life to listeners.
    I think this was the time I started to loose interest in listening to FM stations.

Also noon, if you want corny jokes, tagalog DJs doing the news then you must shift to AM band dahil wala sa FM nun hehe
    When I was I child, all we had was a transistor radio that only tuned to AM stations. I may be old school but I like the programming of AM stations then. Back in the day, there were AM stations that played pop music (English and foreign) for the benefit of those listeners who only had an AM-tuning radio (like I). There was even a station where they played Beatles and British rock and roll during weekends.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    yung LS fm dati may class pero ngayon wala na ..... tagalog na.
    SQ, bakit wala ba class ang tagalog? E bakit yung rant mo tagalog? Peace brader, he he he!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I don't think there is any. But, the KBP or Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas self-polices its members so an offended listener can complain there and have the licenses of these erring DJs revoked. You can also complain to the NTC and have the PA or CPCN of the erring station suspended.
    +1.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I do believe that the MTRCB is monitoring the stations also...

A short while back Magic 89.9's Sam YG and company got suspended for having an "indecent" radio program...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ito ba yun "ALAM MO NA YAN....!!!" hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan?!

kadyot lang kadyot lang kadyot lang

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    corny na ng madaming fm stations ngayon. kung hindi corny, puro daldal lang, walang music. nakakatamad makinig, buti pa mag mp3 collecting, puro music, walang dj na madaldal at puro kwento

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My List of Decent FM Radio Stations in Manila:

88.3 (Jam) >> I fixed my transistor radio's potentiometer to this frequency.
    89.1 (Wave)
    89.9 (Magic)
    92.3 (xFM)
    93.1 (Monster)
    94.7 (Mellow)
    96.3 (WRock)
    97.9 (Home)
    99.5 (RT)
    100.3 (RJ100)
    103.5 (Max)
    105.1 (Crossover)
    106.7 (Dream)
    107.5 (NU)

Everything else that suck IMO:

90.7 (Love) - top ten list is 30 years old
    91.5 (Energy) - half the time DJ ranting, half the time crappy music
    93.9 (iFM) - pretty much useless
    97.1 (Bgy. LS) - used to be good until they joined the suckbandwagon
    101.1 (Yes) - you won't hear anything but clearly transmitted noise
    101.9 (For Life) - flood the air with showbiz and nothing else
    102.7 (Star) - never listened to, but TS described clearly how they suck

Decent stations still outnumber those that suck. Never knew that until now. But more radios in Manila are tuned in to the crappy radio stations. Well, that's why the good people invented the MP3 player and noise cancelling earphones.

Know what, I jam our neighbors' radios whenever they exceed comfortable listening volume. I use an FM transmitter with variable frequency setting. It's the one that you can buy at CD-R King; the one with the LCD display. Lolo happened to have an old radio antenna, so I hooked up the transmitter to the antenna. Guess what, I shut the heck out of their radios!!! Sometimes when I'm trippin', I hook up my PSP and play irritating noises so they'd shut off their noiseboxes. Real fun. If they still won't turn their radios down, I'd get lolo to build me a 5-watt transmitter with a 100m range.

Guys who drive cars everyday are lucky since they have full control of their HU's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Stupid FM Radio Programs