New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Watched this last sat out of curiosity, since I've been bombarded wherever I go about it's epicness.

I'm a war movie nut, I was expecting a Gladiator, Saving Private, The Patriot or even Braveheart type of battle scenes. Medyo konti pa para talagang epic. Although it's a giant leap from the last pinoy action movie I watched.

As for the flow of the story, yep angat sa naka gisnan kong Pinoy movies of yesteryears.

Ok na rin!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    haven't watched it, but sabi ng kapatid ko maganda raw.

It's such a shame, all this time we've been bellyaching about the lack of "quality" local movies, and when one comes along, pinaikli pa yung runtime niya sa local movie houses.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ganda, grabe lang talaga bilis maubos ng tickets. Sa bandang dulo ng movie parang gusto ko tumayo at batuhin yung screen nung ipinakita mukha ni Aguinaldo. Hehe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't watch Filipino movies because of the poor quality and cheesiness of the stories. I made an exception for this since my kids were curious. Although its still rough at the edges, the story and quality has greatly improved. Well written and played by the actors. Worthy to be in the Oscars.

But its the moral of the story that really bites. Its a reality check for Filipinos. As General Luna has said that in all the battlefields he went, the worst enemies of the Filipinos were Filipinos themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't watch Filipino movies because of the poor quality and cheesiness of the stories. I made an exception for this since my kids were curious. Although its still rough at the edges, the story and quality has greatly improved. Well written and played by the actors. Worthy to be in the Oscars.

But its the moral of the story that really bites. Its a reality check for Filipinos. As General Luna has said that in all the battlefields he went, the worst enemies of the Filipinos were Filipinos themselves.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -As General Luna has said that in all the battlefields he went, the worst enemies of the Filipinos were Filipinos themselves.
    Daming tinamaan sa line na yan at angkop na angkop talaga sa mga Pilipino. Sa US nga pag TNT ka ang sabi nila magtiwala ka na sa kano wag lang sa pinoy. Kasi pinoy pa yung mas magsusumbong sa embassy.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    While watching those scenes, I cant help but think na, putcha parang ganun na ganun parin ngayon..definitely wala parin pinagbago ang mga pinoy.

My thoughts even wandered to, what if China invades us or is this how we fight our enemies in the south..wow parang I can see current politicians doin the exact same sh*t. Indecisive leaders, military officials leaving their posts/fronts just to attend parties, businessmen striking secret deals with the enemy, while the ordinary soldiers die in the field.

Kakaasar

While watching those scenes, I cant help but think na, putcha parang ganun na ganun parin ngayon..definitely wala parin pinagbago ang mga pinoy.

My thoughts even wandered to, what if China invades us or is this how we fight our enemies in the south..wow parang I can see current politicians doin the exact same sh*t. Indecisive leaders, military officials leaving their posts/fronts just to attend parties, businessmen striking secret deals with the enemy, while the ordinary soldiers die in the field.

Kakaasar

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

Kakaasar

Kakaasar
    Sabi nga nila si Aguinaldo daw yung kaunaunahang TraPo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

Kakaasar

Kakaasar
    my sentiments exactly. nakakalungkot ang sitwasyon dati. at nakakalungkot na sa tagal ng panahon, walang pinagbago.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Galing talaga ni OB
    Si OB nga ba yan? Aba, magaling na sya.

Alam mo kung sino nanood nung movie. Panay sabi ng "Puny€ta!"

Mga anak ko nanood. Sinabihan sila ng school nila to go & watch the movie. Discounted sila. P80 lang for students. Ganda nga raw ng Heneral Luna.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dont like lang bakit hindi sinabi sa story ang katraydoran din ni Luna bago sya naging heneral.

Fall - Rise and Fall ni luna dapat yan.

dont like lang bakit hindi sinabi sa story ang katraydoran din ni Luna bago sya naging heneral.

Fall - Rise and Fall ni luna dapat yan.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast