New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Actually, I have written to both and the folks at C! have sent me a package of 3 issues...they've taken awhile to get up here to Canada, but job well done!

I haven't heard from the Top Gear people......but C! does look pretty slick and does offer some local coverage, which I find interesting.

Perhaps I'll give Top Gear another try.

Thanks folks! Hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas. The lights must look nice on palm trees...here it's -20 and lots of snow!

Cioa!

BG

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    There seems to be a major shift in content in the local Top Gear magazine between what is written in the first 2-3 years compare to the 2 years.

I honestly like the initial issues.

The car reviews lately are not straightforward from a perspective buyer's point of view but rather more of a marketing man's take.

Hopefully, they would bring back gadget-accessory-tire-etc. reviews and comparo, what's hot items, and some historical perspective.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    There seems to be a major shift in content in the local Top Gear magazine between what is written in the first 2-3 years compare to the 2 years.

I honestly like the initial issues.

The car reviews lately are not straightforward from a perspective buyer's point of view but rather more of a marketing man's take.

Hopefully, they would bring back gadget-accessory-tire-etc. reviews and comparo, what's hot items, and some historical perspective.
    I suggest you email your remarks to Vernon B. Sarne ... the current editor in chief of Top Gear Phil magazine.

The original style of TGP was due to it's original EIC, Mike Black who is a car enthusiast himself. When Vernon Sarne took over two years ago, the magazine lost it's soul. It has become just another marketing tool for the local car industry and only interested in getting better "circulation figures" to help justify Summit Media charge it's advertisers more money. I haven't bought a single issue for the last two years.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mas gusto ko pa rin Top Gear. Di ako makarelate masyado sa C! eh. Pero I do like C!'s Buyers Guide which they do once a year...

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    anyone have seen or read DRIFT magazine?? any reviews.. lay out soo nice eh.. mala anime.. here's the link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DRIFT-...2591508?v=info

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    what's up with motioncars? ever since nagpalit ng layout, parang nasira na yung links sa car chart. yung forum hindi man lang mapuntahan

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think they are still fixing things...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    what's up with motioncars? ever since nagpalit ng layout, parang nasira na yung links sa car chart. yung forum hindi man lang mapuntahan
    They've changed the URLs for the carchart. You have to update your links.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They've changed the URLs for the carchart. You have to update your links.
    I can see the car chart, but when I click on a particular car model, the data part is blank.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Notice they are in BETA at the moment. Pinalitan nila website nila into a new look...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Filipino car magazines?