New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    Melinda was VOTED OFF!

What was America thinking? Talagang popularity contest ang AI6, hindi talent.
    My sentiments exactly. Melinda deserved to be the next American Idol, IMO. Sabi nga ng misis ko, "Pag nawala si Melinda, ibig lang sabihin bobo talaga ang mga Amerikano."

I have yet to hear Jordin sing without stumbling on a single flat note. And Blake? He reminds me of a goldfish when he sings, plus the fact that he's just an Adam Levine sound-alike and he knows it; his 'beatboxing' is an attempt to sound different. It's just another way of telling people, "I really can't sing, so I'm resorting to this cheap gimmick instead."

Ultimately, it was the youth vote that carried Jordin and Blake to the finals. Melinda is a class act, a throwback to a faraway musical era when substance mattered more over style. That's something that the many young music fans today don't appreciate anymore.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 17th, 2007 at 05:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    who said america was matalino? let's ask George W. ...

Judging from the way "America" votes evidenced by letting sanjaya stay for so long, we now know they wouldnt vote for singing talent alone.. AI would find it hard to market melinda..she's not attractive enough.. also the competition is better with the 2 lesser talents left..it could now go either way...
    Last edited by Hero; May 17th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    AI would find it hard to market melinda..she's not attractive enough..
    Then the people behind American Idol might as well admit it and turn the competition into a beauty contest instead, where Americans can simply vote for their favorite eye candy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WALA NA SI KARDING!!!!

Kahit sinong manalo kina Jordin and Blake, ayos lang!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hay sa wakas natanggal na si shrek

blake is who I'm rooting for!!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    American Idol is a singing contest, not a beauty pageant. Melinda is a darn good singer who I think deserves to be at least in the finals. If you wanted Melinda out because of her looks then maybe you're watching the wrong program.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Then the people behind American Idol might as well admit it and turn the competition into a beauty contest instead, where Americans can simply vote for their favorite eye candy.
    Appearance does play a part in marketability. It has to be a compromise. It's hard to sell a good voice alone.

Even the winner of the first Philippine Idol is finding it hard to be a household name even if she's a capable singer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    American Idol is a singing contest, not a beauty pageant. Melinda is a darn good singer who I think deserves to be at least in the finals. If you wanted Melinda out because of her looks then maybe you're watching the wrong program.
    AI dont want to make the same mistakes again, look at the previous winners like Fantasia and Ruben, they are really good singers but where are they now?

Its all about the whole package.

I am sure Haley and Antonella will get more work than Melinda after the season.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sikat na ba yun kanta ni elliot yamin. nun kinanta kasi nya parang pine-play na sa radio eh

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Here is an interesting article.

Gone are the days when people listened to just the radio. As the song goes, video killed the radio star.

Aretha Franklin, Billy Holiday, Nina Simone, and Ella Fitzgerald wouldn't stand a chance.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
American Idol